Thread: How to Install the apk files on HTC HERO mobile phone?

How to Install the apk files on HTC HERO mobile phone?

Hello to all,
    I am new to this forum. I recently bought a cool new HTC HERO mobile phone. It has amazing features and it looks very well. I want to install apk files in my mobile. Can anyone tell me how to Install the apk files on HTC HERO? Please help me.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: How to Install the apk files on HTC HERO mobile phone?

You can easily install third party applications which are in .apk format in your HTC HERO mobile phone through the online Android Market. If you don't know how to Install the apk files on HTC HERO mobile phone through the online Android Market then use following steps.
    First copy the APK file you want to install to your HTC HERO mobile phones memory card and insert the card into your HTC HERO mobile phone -> Now go to Android Market and look out for the Apps Installer application -> Just download it and click on the Install Button to install it -> After finishing installation process, just open it -> It will show you all the APK files stored directly in the root directory of your HTC HERO mobile phones memory card -> Now click on the application you want to install and it will be installed.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 15-01-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

you can easily install APK files into your phone using the Android SDK. If you want to download Android SDK then click here.
    First download and install the Android SDK on your PC. You can not connect your mobile directly to your computer. For this you have to install the Android USB drivers. You can download it from here.
    For installing applications from other sources go to Settings -> Now go to Application Settings option and enable Unknown Sources option. You also have to go to Settings option -> now go to SD Card and Phone Storage -> now disable Use for USB Storage option.
    Now go to Command Prompt and type: adb install path/file.apk
    Here "path" is specified as the full path to the APK file and "file" is the name of the APK application file. Now your application is installed.
    Last edited by Pugsly; 15-01-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Hey it is easy process to install APK files directly on your HTC HERO mobile phone.
    • First copy the APK file on your memory card.
    • Now download and install Apps Installer in your computer.
    • Now connect your mobile phone to computer and open Apps Installer.
    • There you will see list of the APK files stored in memory card of HTC HERO mobile phone.
    • Now select the APK you want to install and install it. Now in this way you can install the apk files on HTC HERO mobile phone.

You can install apk files on HTC HERO mobile phone using installAPK application. Just download installAPK in your computer. You can download installAPK at here. Now connect your mobile to computer and double click APK files to install them on your USB attached HTC HERO mobile phone.
    That's it. I hope my suggestion will help you.