Thread: Dictionary application for Android phone

Dictionary application for Android phone

I am using a android phone and i will be traveling to Italy in the first quarter this year. Hence i want an Android phone Italic to English dictionary application. I am aware that the phone will not work for calls over internet. So i desperately need an application with which i can use application that don't involve a connection. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Dictionary application for Android phone

I think you could use wifi only if you go to a hotspot while you are away.I am not aware how the verizon configures that on droid while you are abroad. Call the customer care and ask them to help you in this matter. Also the Droid is not available in the dual mode that is on both the GSM and CDMA This is the draw back of using an android phone.

I think you need to buy a new phone when you are in a different country because its nearly impossible to find out an application which will help you in this matter. You must also try to get some other third party applications for the dictionary which would help you to some extent. I hope you will fix this problem soon.

So while you are abroad try to use the Fring to gain access to free Skype calling. I don't know how the verizon configures that on your android phone. Also it is not in the dual mode it is either in the gsm mode or in the cdma mode. so i would suggest you to visit the android site and then look out whether you get some useful application. I think that you will solve your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You need to unlock your phone in order to use it abroad. For unlocking it you will have to inform the customer service. They will provide you the code to unlock the phone Just use that code with your phone and you will be able to use this phone with other prepaid sim card in the country. I think this will surely help you.