Thread: Blocking phone number on Verizon

Blocking phone number on Verizon

hi friends, i would like to know whether it is possible to block a phone number on verizon. Since i have started to get marketing calls which disturbs me now and then. Then i searched over the net and i found some softwares but for that i need to buy it. i need a software for free. Anybody know how can i achieve this.

Re: Blocking phone number on Verizon

In order to block a phone number you need to call the customer care and ask then whether they could help you in this matter. I think that they could help you but if not then try to check your mobile phone there might be a function to do so and you might not be aware of such function which would help you to block the phone number.

I think you can block the phone numbers. Since i am not a verizon subscriber i can't tell you the way to achieve it. But i did the same thing , last month. I blocked around 8 numbers with the help of my subscriber. I simply called the customer support and asked them they told me to login to their website. I did this and finally blocked the numbers that really irked me.

Yes you can simply visit vzw.com/spamcontrols , which is located in verizon safeguard. Go to verizon safeguard then select Parental Controls under that go to Usage Controls, the usage controls allow to block 20 numbers for as low as 4.99 $ and the spam control under Call & Message Blocking allows to block 5 numbers for free

i had also faced similar problems and hence i called the verizon customer service and asked whether they can block certain number. They answered negatively. So i changed my number by paying 12 bucks. if you cannot change your number then you can just block text messages freely from the verizon website or from the text settings.