Thread: Unlocking HTC imagio from verizon

Unlocking HTC imagio from verizon

Hello friends i am using an HTC imagio mobile phone from verizon and i want to unlock the HTC imagio phone so that i can use it for any other GSM network or with the At&t. Please guide me so that i can unlock htc imagio phone. Any help regrding this matter would be highly appreciated. Help me please !!!!!
    Last edited by Carmine; 14-01-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Re: Unlocking HTC imagio from verizon

Call the verizon customer care if you are a verizon customer and just tell them that you are going outside the country and you want to unlock the sim card. They will provide you the code which will unlock the cellphone. Then Open settings select all settings under that select category and enter the code. This will unlock your phone. Now you can use any sim card.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I don't think that CDMA phones need to be unlocked like the gsm devices on from other service providers like At&t and T-mobile. Although verizon would not allow you to use their device with sprint network and vice versa. I don't know why you want to unlock the device and i think you need to call the customer care.

Thanks for replying me. I want to unlock my cell phone so that when i travel to some other country like Russia or in the middle east i will be able to use my cell phone with a prepaid card. Also i am looking forward to use another service either from the T-Mobile or At&t. i didn't got any help from the verizon . Any other ideas please help me.

I think you will have to use online services for getting the unlock code so try to purchase the HTC Imagio unlock code. After you purchase the Verizon HTC Imagio unlock code you will be able to SIM unlock it easily and use it with whatever SIM card from other network carriers you want. You just need the IMEI number of your mobile and you simply get the unlock code . Once the mobile phone is unlocked, you can start using it on any cellular network worldwide without any restrictions.

I think it is not possible to unlock the htc imagio phone because it is built in such a way that you cannot use it with other service providers. The only way to unlock this mobile is to call the cell phone operator and tell them that you are going to visit different parts of the world and hence you need to unlock it so that you can use it with some other service provider.