Thread: Nokia E72 shows wrong SMS time

Nokia E72 shows wrong SMS time

Hello to all,
    I recently bought a cool new Nokia E72 mobile phone. I am having this problem from last week. Whenever I get a SMS, the time is five hours back. I don't know why this is happening. I don't know why Nokia E72 shows wrong SMS time. Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: Nokia E72 shows wrong SMS time

I think there is some software related issue. Your mobile's software may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile to get rid out of this problem. Just connect your mobile to computer using Nokia PC suite. Now look out for new updates. If new update available then install it in your mobile as per instruction.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It seems that you have set wrong time and date in your mobile and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Most of the people face such type of problem and they are able to over come this problem by making correction in time and date. You have to adjust the GMT settings to suit region. after this restart your mobile. Now you will not get any problem.

I think you have to perform Restore factory settings process to get rid out of this problem. This process resets all the settings to the default. In this case you have to first take backup of your mobile to avoid loosing data. Now unlock your mobile and type *#7780#. Now your mobile asked for security code, just type 12345 as default code. Now wait for few minutes until process complete. After this you will not get any problem.

I also had the same problem. Then one of my friend said me to perform hard reset. After performing Hard reset my I don't have such type of problem. I think you also perform Hard reset to fix this problem. You can do this in following ways.
    First turn off your mobile -> now hold * (star key), 3 (number button) and talk/green key and power on key simultaneously until your mobile switch on. After this you will not get any problem.