Thread: Cannot see Desktop icons and start menu after startup in Acer Laptop

Cannot see Desktop icons and start menu after startup in Acer Laptop

I am having the Acer laptop and this laptop has the Windows XP operating system. The problem which i am getting with this laptop is that, the desktop icons and the start menu bar is not shown in this Acer laptop after the start up of the Windows XP operating system. As i am not knowing much about the laptops and computer system. So how can i resolve this problem? Explain me about this.

Re: Cannot see Desktop icons and start menu after startup in Acer Laptop

You are not able to see the Desktop icons and the start menu bar in your ACER laptop which is having the Windows XP operating system. This can be the problem related to the Virus. May be the laptop is infected with the viruses that is the reason why the desktop icons and the Start menu bar is not showing on the screen of the laptop. To find and delete the viruses from your laptop try to connect the HDD of this laptop to some other laptop which has the Updated antivirus software. Find the threats and remove them. Again connect the HDD to your Acer laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You are not able to see any desktop icons and the start menu in your Windows XP operating system, Acer laptop. The reason for this is, The windows is not able to start the Explore.exe process in your laptop. This process enables the exploring and browsing of the whole operating system. Dont worry you can start this process manually. Go to the Task manager by pressing alt+ctrl+del on the keyboard. Select the new task from the application tab in this. Type explorer.exe and press enter. After that you will be able to see the desktop icons and the start menu bar in your acer laptop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Once you started the explore of the windows XP operating system manually from the task manager. I think you should immediately try to fix this problem otherwise you have to start this process everytime manually. May be the system restore can fix this problem. Go to the system restore through the control panel of the Windows XP operating system. Restore the Windows to the previous date on which it was working properly without any problems like this. This will remove all the problems that came after that date on which you will restore the windows of the Acer laptop.

If the system restore of the windows XP operating system to the previous dates does not fixes this problem the one more option is left for you to resolve this problem. You can repair the Windows XP operating system. For doing this insert the bootable windows XP installation disc and boot from this disc. Select the windows repairing mode rather than installing the fresh copy of the windows XP operating system. After the repairing of the Windows XP operating system reboot the Acer laptop.

First of all try all the above mentioned tricks and methods to resolve this problem as suggested by the technical peoples over here. If any of this methods does not solves this problem then you have to go on the very last stage and the option which will solve this problem. You have to format the Hard disk and again install the fresh copy of the Windows XP Operating system. Insert the Bootable disc of the Windows XP and boot from this disc and select the install fresh copy of windows . Complete the installation procedure. Now the problem is resolved of your Acer laptop.