Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-01-2010

Touchpad problem with Acer aspire 4736z laptop

I use an acer 4736z laptop with windows 7 operating system. But now i have to use a USB mouse since my touch pad is not working i don't know what the problem is. please suggest me a way so that i can get rid of the touchpad problem of my acer aspire 4736z laptop. Please help me as soon as possible.
Old 13-01-2010

Re: Touchpad problem with Acer aspire 4736z laptop

I think that your touch pad driver must have rolled back due to some kind of virus or threat. So you must remove this infection with the help of an anti virus and then again reinstall the drivers and check whether the touch pad works or not also try to download the driver from the manufacturer's website.
Old 13-01-2010

You will need to go to Acer support website and download the touchpad software drivers from there. Because you will find the possible match-synaptics touch pad driver there only. Install these drivers and i think that this will definitely solve your touchpad issue. All the best. click on this link to download the driver.
Old 13-01-2010

Firstly i would like to thank you all for replying me. I downloaded the touchpad driver and installed it in my laptop but that still could not solve the problem. Then i downloaded the driver from the link within the reply of pugsly but that also could not fix the problem. Any other ideas to get rid of this problem
Old 13-01-2010

You need to check the touchpad status. Browser through the control panel-> System hardware -> Device manager and then look for the touch pad. Right click and Properties. Make sure the device is working properly. A similar thing happened to my laptop. Even without the drivers that it needed, it still showed as working properly. Other than that, I would think it will most likely not be functioning and needs to be replaced.
Old 13-01-2010

This similar thing happened to my laptop some months before. When i accidentally pressed the Fn key with the f7 key. I searched over different forums but finally got the solution. Then i pressed the fn + f7 key once again which really helped me. You should try this i think this will help you surely.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,