Thread: How to set different Operator logos in Nokia 5800

How to set different Operator logos in Nokia 5800

I am having the Nokia 5800 express music mobile phone and i am having the vodafone network provider. I want to change the operator logo of the network provider in my mobile phone. Can i do this? what are the ways to change the operator logo of the mobile phone. Can i keep the images as the Operator logos in my nokia 5800 Xpress music mobile phone? I want to know the procedure for setting the different Operator logos in Nokia 5800 mobile.

Re: How to set different Operator logos in Nokia 5800

You can change the default operator logo of the Nokia mobile phone very easily. Because all the Nokia series 60 mobiles phones support this features. You are having the the Nokia 5800 Xpress music mobile phone which is very good touchscreen mobile phone. This is also the nokias series 60 sysmbian OS mobile phone. You can very easily change the operator logo of this nokia 5800 mobile phone. You cannot use the .jpg image files for the operator logo in the mobile phone.

You cannot set the all types of the images as the operator logo in the Nokia mobile phones. There are some predefined image files that you can set as the operator logo in the mobile phone. You can only keep the .BMP image files as the operator logo in your Nokia 5800 Xprass Music mobile phone. Other than this i dont think you can keep any other files as the operator logo. For doing this you need the special software installed in your mobile phone. You cannot set any BMP image as the operator logo directly.

You can set the .BMP images as the operator logo in place of the name of the network service provider. You can do this by using the file browsing software also called as the File explorer application. One of the very good file explorer software that can do this is FExplorer application. Install this in your mobile phone. Start this software , select the BMP image file go to the option and select "set image as operator logo". After doing this reboot the mobile phone. Now you can see the image as the operator logo.

For removing the operator logo image which you have set in your Nokia 5800 Xpress music mobile phone you have to go to the same software and now you have to go in the device storage (C drive) of the mobile phone. Go to the system files and select the Oplogo folder. Delete the .BMP image from this folder. Restart the mobile phone. Now you can see the default operator logo (service provider name) in the mobile phone.

You can also set the names and some other texts as the operator logo in your mobile phone for doing this you have to sent the message consisting of the the text that you want to set as the operator logo and send this to the service provider. There is some disadvantage also of setting the image as the operator logo. This slows up the start up of the mobile phone and slows down the processing of the mobile phone.