Thread: Interested in buying Odyssey WiFi Quadband mobile phone

Interested in buying Odyssey WiFi Quadband mobile phone

I am planning to buy Odyssey - WiFi Quadband Dual-SIM Cellphone w/ 3 Inch Touchscreen for my personal use. Before buying this mobile phone I want to know some details about this phone and some related questions.
    1. Can I install java application in this mobile phone if yes then how?
    2. Is this phone is better than iPhone.
    3. This phone has a feature called accelerometer can anybody explain what is this.
    4. Is it possible to record conversation on this mobile phone?
    Last edited by Xylina; 13-01-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Re: Interested in buying Odyssey WiFi Quadband mobile phone

The Odyssey mobile phone supports four global standards (GSM) Global System for Mobile communications frequencies of 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, and 1900MHz. So you do not have to worry about the working of this mobile phone. This mobile phone will work anywhere in the world. You can access internet on this mobile phone easily. It is similar to accessing internet on your laptop or desktop. According to me this is the mobile which should be there in everybody hand who like to have smart phones.

Re: You can install Java application on this mobile phone

Yes it is possible to install java application in this mobile phone for doing that you have just follow the simple steps given below.
    1. For installing java application you can search the internet for the .jar file.
    2. The .jar files are java exe files.
    3. All types of .jar files cannot be installed on this mobile phone
    4. You can install all the files which are specifically designed Nokia or other branded mobile phone.
    5. Copy the .jar file in the memory card and then open it and install it on your mobile phone.

Re: Interested in buying Odyssey WiFi Quadband mobile phone

According to me this phone is better than iPhone mobile phone. You can watch TV using this mobile phone, because this mobile phone comes with analog TV tunner. Not only that you can load MP3 of WAV music file and listen to your favorite music. This phone comes with two sets of batteries and if you want more than that you can contact the customer support department for that. This phone itself can hold 800 contacts and each sim card can hold 250 contacts. So using this phone you can store up to 1,300 contacts.

Re: Odyssey mobile phone comes with inbuilt motion sensor

Accelerometer is a built in motion sensor. The work of this motion sensor device is to detect when the mobile is tilted or swiveled. This feature enables the user to change images in a photo viewer by just a shake, or the same can be done with music files. This phone comes with many ringtones in it and it also gives the ability to change the ringtone according to the user requirement. You can also customize the look of this phone, means the placement of icons.