Thread: Compaq laptop restarts before Windows XP logo

Compaq laptop restarts before Windows XP logo

I had recently bought Compaq laptop with me, everything seems to be working fine but from few days whenever i try Press Power ON button, it gets ON but right before Windows XP logo it gets restart itself and at the same time i have seen that fan will come on really high at the start of the process and then slow down before it restarts itself.

Compaq laptop restarts before logo

If you Laptop gets restart during startup then it seems that there is some issue with your memory and if you are having two memory, then i would suggest you to remove them one by one and test the laptop with each module separately i am sure this would solve your problem. If you are still facing same issue then there would be some another issue.

Thanks for replying me i have try to remove my RAM but still facing the same issue i don't think so it's an RAM issue, i think there is some other issue apart from it, i think it overheating would also be one of the reason i am not sure about it. Does anyone facing such kind of review, please reply because your small ideas would be very helpful for me and would fix my issue.

There are many issue for your laptop gets restart before Windows XP logo in that case try to check out your hard drive because it might happen that your hard drive had gone bad due to which you are facing such kind of issue, if you are able to boot you boot to the logo screen when the hard drive is removed? Then your hard drive is working fine and there is some another issue apart from your hard drive.

Laptop restarts before Windows XP logo

Instead of doing it by yourself i would recommend you to take your laptop to service center and show it to them or else if you want you can call customer support and they will assist you in further in this way you won't void company warranty, for very small issue one of my friend had opened his laptop after which he came to know that he has burn out his laptop because of some mistake when he was reassembling it and check out the below links for similar type of issue

My laptop restarts itself
    IBM ThinkPad T60 laptop problem

I was also facing similar type of issue it might happen that some of the files of your Operating system might got corrupted or your laptop is being infected with virus because of which your laptop gets restart during Windows XP logo in that case i would suggest you to reinstall your Operating system and once have a check for the same.