Thread: Ipod issue with tick box next to song

Ipod issue with tick box next to song

Hello friends,

I am having iPod with me and i am running out of space for that i want to deselect some of my mp3 from my playlist so that they don't sync with my iPod and will create a bit more space. At the same time i don't want to delete them from the playlist though as I will want them back on at another date. I want to deselect the tickbox so that it won't sync but the remaining space on my iPod seems to stay the same?

If you really want to stop unchecked songs being transferred then in that case you need to select sync only checked songs and videos you will get this in iPod summary tab, after this once you had apply the setting and the synchronize the iPod then the songs should be removed. In this way you can deselect some of my mp3 from my playlist so that they don't sync with my iPod and will create a bit more space.

Thanks for replying me whenever i uncheck the box, there is an auto uncheck box is being added to the comment field in this way i can find out unchecked songs easier, for that you don't have to scan all the library for that little box. I wish if there could be some easier way to see all unchecked songs because in this case if unchecked song didn't get the comment change then it would be a big problem. Does anyone has any alternative solution for the same.

What is the ticked box next to every song on itunes

If you really want to uncheck items from playlist then in iTunes goto File option and select New Smart Playlist, now Uncheck on Match the following rule". Now check the Limit to Option, selected by artist, then put a check on Match only checked items and check on Live updating. Now if you want to find out which all are unchecked same way make a second playlist which will read the first one in the following rule select Playlist -- > Is Not -->Checked items playlist and finally check on Live updating.

According to me checking and unchecking items to sync to the iPod is tedious. But i would recommend you to use playlist which is much easier to manage what goes onto your iPod. For that you need to first create a playlist and synchronize those playlist only. Then Select the iPod in iTunes and click on music tab, now tick on Sync music and Selected playlists. Then once again tick the playlists you want on the iPod. Now finally add/delete from those playlists and plug in the iPod.