Thread: System gives Error 69 while syncing IPOD

System gives Error 69 while syncing IPOD

I have recently bought a Acer Aspire one Timeline which is installed with Windows XP service pack 2. I have Installed Itune's 9.0 on it to sync my Ipod with it. I added some songs and videos in the Itunes Library and then connected my Ipod to it. I clicked on the Sync button, the system gives an error 69 message while synchronizing Ipod. The Ipod is 30gb Classic Ipod which is also new. I cant sync the Ipod with the laptop and hence there is no music on the Ipod. If any of you also faced the same problem then please guide me in solving it.

Re: System gives Error 69 while syncing IPOD

Check the connecting cable which you are using to connect the Ipod to the Laptop. The Ipod cannot be synced to the computers many times if the cable connecting Ipod to the computer is faulty. The USB cable has lines of conductors which break due to improper storage. Also the connectors of the cable get oxidized and create problems in establishing successful communication between the Device and the computer. Clean the Connectors of the cable by using a Blade to remove the oxidized part and then connecting the Ipod to the computer. If the cleaning the connectors does not help then try replacing the connecting cord.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I would suggest that you uninstall the Itunes 9.0 from your system. Itunes 9.0 has many problems with the compatibility with the 2nd generation Ipods. It is exclusively made for working properly with 3rd Generation Ipods. As you are using 30gb classic Ipod which is a 2nd generation Ipod, it will not work properly with the Version of the Itunes you have installed. Remove the Itunes 9.0 from the system and delete all the files which are related to it. Then Install Itunes 8.0 and try to sync the Ipod with the Laptop.

Resetting the Ipod might do the trick in your case. It happens sometimes that the software of the Ipod gets stuck and prevents the computer from detecting or synchronizing it. Resetting the Ipod, Reboots the entire system of the Ipod. To reset the Ipod follow these steps :-
    1) Remove the Ipod from Hold.
    2) Now Press and Hold Menu and middle click button simultaneously.
    3) Keep the buttons holding till the screen of the Ipod gets blank and then displays the Apple Logo.
    4) Once the Apple logo is displayed, release the keys.
    Now the Ipod will reboot. Connect it to the computer and see if it gets synchronized.

Are you using the Ipod as an External storage device? Ipods work on Mac system and hence are immune from Virus's but a Windows Formatted Ipod can also be used as a External storage device. If the Ipod is used in this mode, then there is high possibility that the Ipod is infected by some virus which is not letting the computer get connected to the Ipod. Scan the Ipod with an updated antivirus and clean the infected files. Once all the infected files on the Ipod are cleaned the Ipod will get synchronized with the computer without any problems.

I was also facing the same problem with my 80gb Ipod classic. It also did not get synced with the computer no matter how many times I tried. I tried all the troubleshooting which I can but nothing helped. I took the Ipod to the apple gallery and the said that the problem is with the Ipod and it needs to be replaced. I think you also have a faulty Ipod which is not allowing you to synchronize it. My suggestion would be to get the Ipod checked as soon as possible and get it replaced if there is some manufacturing problem.