Thread: How to transfer songs from 80gb Ipod to New 160gb Ipod?

How to transfer songs from 80gb Ipod to New 160gb Ipod?

Hello friends, I have an Apple 80gb Classic Ipod which is full with songs and Videos. As the 80gb Ipod is full, I bought a new 160gb Ipod Classic and now want to transfer all the songs and the videos from the 80gb Ipod to 160gb Ipod. I want to know which is the quickest and the easiest way in which the I can transfer songs from 80gb Ipod to New 160gb Ipod. Is there any way in which I will be able to transfer songs directly from one Ipod to another? The version of Itunes I am using is 9.0

Re: How to transfer songs from 80gb Ipod to New 160gb Ipod?

No there is no possible way in which you can transfer songs directly from one Ipod to other. Ipod was manufactured by the Apple to bring down the piracy rate in music industry. Hence we can synchronize the songs to an Ipod by using only one computer. As you want to transfer the songs from one Ipod to other directly, it is sort of piracy and hence it is not allowed. You can transfer the data from one Ipod to other by enabling the disk mode but not the songs.

It is a very simple procedure to transfer the songs and the videos from the old Ipod to a new Ipod by using Itunes. Whenever a song or a video has to added to the Ipod, it first has to added to Itunes library. This library is saved by the Itunes till it is not uninstalled from the system. You can connect your new Ipod to the computer. It will detect it has a new device and you will be able to see the Ipod in the device connected list. Now press the sync button in the Itunes to sync the entire library to the New Ipod.

If the library of the songs which are added in the old Ipod not present on the computer then you cannot sync the songs directly to the new Ipod. In this case you will be requiring a third party application which will decode and copy all songs and videos from the Ipod on to your hard disk. Then you can add these songs and the videos to the Itunes library and then sync it to the new Ipod by connecting it. Some of these software are available for free on the Internet. Also it is not recommended to use this software on the computer as it may lead to corruption of the files on the Ipod as well as Computer.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can transfer the files from the old Ipod to your hard drive and transfer it to the new Ipod. To be able to do that you dont need any special software in Windows operating system. Just connect the old Ipod to the computer and enable the Disk use option. Now choose the Show all file option. Now search and find the following folder "iPod_Control\Music" folder and then copy all the files from that folder to your hard drive. Now open the Itunes and check the following options “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” and “Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to the library”. Now connect the new Ipod to the computer and add the folder to the Itunes. Now all the songs and videos will appear in the Itunes. Now sync the Ipod and all the songs will be transferred from the old Ipod to New Ipod.

The application known as Anapod CopyGear can be used on a Windows Based computer to retrieve all the data from the old Ipod to the hard drive. Install the mentioned software on your computer and connect the Ipod to the computer. Now run this application on the Ipod. It will search, decode and copy all the songs and the videos that are present on the Ipod. Now paste it on the Hard drive and then add it to the Itunes library. Now connect the new Ipod and sync the library to the new Ipod.