Thread: iPhone is not recognized by iPhoto

iPhone is not recognized by iPhoto

Hi,

I have a apple Iphone 3g, when I try to sync my iphone with iphoto, the iPhone is not recognized by iPhoto but I can sync with itunes. I am not able to transfer picture's, music's,etc . So, someone knows the problem and has a solution for it?

Re: iPhone is not recognized by iPhoto

To sync iPhone to your iPhoto, Go in the Finder. Click Applications, Click the image capture. (Does the iPhone appear here as a camera?)If you would like to sync with iPhoto, the image capture preferences enter. Click Image Capture next to the Blue Apple. Click Preferences. You will see an area in the preferences window that says the camera. You will see a drop down menu and then if you select iPhoto iPhoto should open every time the phone is plugged in.Still must synchronize with iPhoto if you open the iPhoto application. It will be interesting to see if your phone is synchronized with image capture.

When you try to sync iPhone to your iPhoto, open iPhoto and it should be recognized as another digital camera iPhone. If not, then you have to install the latest iPhone update. The previous 1.0 version of software has bugs that caused iPhoto does not recognize the iPhone in some situations.

I have exactly the same problem! iPhoto does not recognize even though my iPhone is connected, then I opened Image Capture and says "no image capture device connected". I can sync my iPhoto on my phone, but so far I have not been able to transfer some of the photos taken from my phone to my computer. Can you help?

Try disk utility application, First, the disk utility application, Select your hard drive and repair permissions. See if that solves the problem. You can also launch the Image Capture application in your Applications folder to the iPhone connected to see if the image capture recognizes your iPhone. If you do, you can use Image Capture to import followed by the importation of the photos on the iPhone. This will also determine if the problem lies in iPhoto or anything else.

Under the Photos tab for your iPhone sync preferences with iTunes, select from iPhoto sync photos. Below that choose selected albums. Select the iPhoto albums that should be available in the window below followed by a sync. Before you sync, take a backup of an iPhone, launch iTunes to the other account, and replacing this backup with the backup from the phone first. Then right-click the phone in the device panel and select Restore Backup.