Thread: iMovie is not importing Video from Sony camera

iMovie is not importing Video from Sony camera

I had recently bought Sony Digital camera over here i am able to run camera from iMovie and at the same time i am able to see the video playing from camera screen, but when i try to import it into event, it's not getting done. I have try to do many things but didn't helped me a lot. Any suggestions on how to import video into iMovie.

iMovie is not importing Video

Sure i will help you out with this issue but before that can you tell me in which format did you record the video and which version of iMovie are you currently using it. At the end did you setup the camera according to the manual to transfer video to the computer mode? What Mac are you using?

I was also facing similar type of issue, in that case you need to first make sure that the MAC which you are using, does recognizes this camera as a hd disk, if it then open the file and paste the contents in a blank folder on your desktop then import it from there. If you camera does get recognized then you need to install perian and ffmpeg for mac.

iMovie 09 not importing videos

I am also facing some issue with my iMovie where i am trying to import .mpg into my iMovie 09. When i asked my friends about the issue they told me that i cannot import .mpg into iMovie for that i need to convert it can anyone suggest me in which format should i convert it and after that what necessary steps to be followed.

The main issue is that most of the time MPEG1 clips are not compatible, but iMovie '09 supports mpeg1 format movies if you have recorded from Sony cameras. For that you need to first create a new folder on your hard disk called camerashoot. Now inside that folder you need to create one more folder and named it as DCIM only, then in that folder place your MPEG1 movies. After that launch your iMovie for that you need to click on file goto import option and click on Camera Archive and navigate to camerashoot Folder. If your clips are importable, the 'DCIM' folder should be grayed out, and the bottom of the window will say 'Camera Archive Detected.' Finally click on import and then you will see an import window where you can import the videos.

Re: iMovie is not importing Video from Sony camera

If you are not able to import any video into iMovie then i would suggest you to install quicktime pro and open that clip in quicktime and then 'save as' (using a different file name) onto the desktop or where ever you are keeping the clips. Now try to import the new file into iMovie in place of the old one. I hope this should work for you.