Thread: Computer does not show memory card of Google G1 mobile

Computer does not show memory card of Google G1 mobile

Hello to all,
    I am having this problem from last night. When I connect my Google G1 mobile to computer for transferring songs and video, my computer gives an error message "please insert disk into disk drive H:". I don't know why this happened. I don't know why computer doesn't show memory card of Google G1 mobile? Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Last edited by KALIDA; 12-01-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Re: Computer does not show memory card of Google G1 mobile

I also have the same mobile. From your information it seems that you haven't select "Mount" option while connecting your mobile to computer and that's why you are getting such type of problem. To seen content of mobile's memory card you have to select "Mount" option while connecting your mobile to computer. In this case just disconnect your mobile and again connect it, but in this time select "Mount" option. After this you will be able to see mobile's memory card from your computer.

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your mobile's USB cable. It may get corrupted and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to use this USB cable with other mobile. If you get the same problem with other mobile then it means that your mobile's USB cable is faulty one and it has to be replace to get rid out of this problem. If your mobile is under warranty then take advantage of it.

It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's memory card. It may get damaged or get corrupted and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Try to use this memory card in other mobile. If you get the same problem in other mobile it means that there is some problem in your mobile's memory card. In this case you have to format your memory card to get rid out of this problem. Just format your mobile's memory card using card reader and then again try to transfer video or songs from your computer.

I think your mobile's memory card become write protected and that's why you are getting such type of problem. When your mobile's memory card become write protected, you can not add, remove or edit from memeory card. For this reason you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to format your memory card for removing write protection. If you are unable to remove write protection from memory card then click on following two link for solution.
    Link 1
    Link 2

It seems that your computer's USB port is not working properly and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case try to connect another device to that USB port. If you have the same problem with other device then it means that there is some problem in USB port and it has to be repaired to get rid out of this problem. Just contact your nearest hardware store for repairing USB port.