Thread: How to turn off the Vibration of the Nokia 5130

How to turn off the Vibration of the Nokia 5130

I am having the Nokia 5130 Xpress Music Mobile phone and there i some kind of the problem related to the vibrations of this mobile phone. This problem appears during the incoming calls and the messages. Even though i have set the profile to the normal and ringing. This mobile phone vibrates when SMS and calls comes. So i want to know that how to turn off the vibration of the Nokia 5130 mobile phone. Because i don't like vibration and i want only ring when any call or SMS comes.

Re: How to turn off the Vibration of the Nokia 5130

I am not getting your problem exactly. You are currently having the silent mode selected on this Nokia 5130 Xpress Music mobile phone and wanted to change it to the normal means general profile. So that the cell phone should ring when calls and messages comes on your mobile. For general profile, press the power button of this cell phone and after that select the general options from the list available. Now your mobile phone ring and vibrate when any call or the messages will come.

You want to turn off the Vibration of the mobile for the incoming calls and the messages. First select the general mode profile in the mobile phone. You can do this by two ways. The first one is, find the profiles in the mobile phone and select general after that personalize this general mode. Drop down to the vibration settings and select the vibrations as the off. Now the mobile phone will only ring when any message or the call come on your Nokia 5130 mobile phone.

You can receive the messages without the vibration of the mobile phone. You can use this event handler for this purpose for receiving the messages silently without the vibration. No meter which profile is active on your mobile phone.
    change the settings for the incoming messages in your Nokia 5130 Mobile phone.

TMsvEntry entry(iMsvEntry->Entry());
    if(entry.Unread())
    {
    entry.SetInPreparation(EFalse);
    entry.SetUnread(EFalse);
    iMsvEntry->ChangeL(entry);
    }

I hope that this will help you.

If the mobile phone is not able to turn off the vibration mode even after turning off the vibration in the general and also the silent mode of the Nokia 5130 mobile phone then this is the error of the mobile phone. Then i think you should contact to the service center of the Nokia about this problem they will handle this problem of your Nokia 5130 mobile properly. Because i think the software of your mobile phone is not working properly.

To solve this issue if the vibration of the nokia 5130 does not stops after changing the setting also then i think the operating system of this mobile phone is not working properly or may be some important file related to the profiles is damaged or it is corrupted. There is only one way left to solve this problem. You have to flash this mobile phone. Contact the NOKIA care center. They will do it properly. After that the vibration issue of this Nokia 5130 Mobile phone will be resolved.