Thread: Dell D620 laptop black screen

Dell D620 laptop black screen

I have a Dell D620 Laptop in which i have install Windows XP Pro running. it was working fine but suddenly monitor of my Dell D620 Laptop crashed and it is showing black screen. i am unable to see anything which is going on to my laptop. what can be the main reason behind the issue and the solution for the same?

Re: Dell D620 laptop black screen

The problem may be because of drivers, uninstall the graphic card from your laptop and restore the system. reinstall the driver and restart the machine this may solve the problem which you are facing with the screen of your laptop. or you can go for other graphic card if it is not solving with older one. for more details can go to company site which can help to fix the problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are using two RAMs in your machine try to work with the single RAM it might fix your problem of screen going black. remove your RAM and clean it gently because it may happen that RAM is corrupted and need to be cleaned. this process can defiantly help you to fix the problem related to your screen. try to get more information from company site to solve problem.

This problem can arise sometimes because of some static buildup happening on the mother board. try to Power off then remove the battery from the machine after that remove the power cord and hold the power button in the same position for at least for some seconds. other option you can go for is to remove the battery, memory modules and also the Hard Drive reinsert all the components after a while, this will solve the issue of screen going black.

As you have mention that your screen is going black this may be the issue related with the virus infection in the machine try to scan whole system with latest patch of anti virus which will clean your system and may solve your problem. to ensure that it does not infect again load your system with latest and upgraded anti virus which will save your laptop from such problem to happen.

Your problem might be because of damage to the hinges of your laptop which might be physically damage. hinges connect your laptop screen to the keypad and the processor of laptop so try to fix the problem with the hardware person. for more and better solution you can go to the company site. this will help to fix the problem.