Thread: Unable to Send Sms from Samsung Omnia

Unable to Send Sms from Samsung Omnia

Hello,
    I have Samsung Omnia which is 4 months old. From last week I unable to send text messages from my mobile. I don't know why happened to it. I able to receive text messages, make and receive calls, just unable to send SMS. Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: Unable to Send Sms from Samsung Omnia

It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's message center number. It may get set wrongly and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to change message center number to fix this problem. You can do this in following ways.
    First click on Start button ->now tap on Settings option -> now tap on Phone option -> now go to Services option -> now select Voicemail and Text Messages -> now tap on Get Settings -> now tap on Text messages service center -> if you are vodafone user then type +447785016005 and press OK -> if you are using mobile service then enter messages center number of that mobile service provider -> after this you will able to send sms from your mobile phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Have you check your mobile's balance before sending SMS? Sometimes what happened that we are try to send SMS when our balance would be zero and due to this we unable to send message. You are only able to send SMS if you have enough balance for sending SMS. Now first check your mobile's balance, if it would be zero then first recharge it and then try to send SMS. now you will not get any problem.

It seems that the settings for text messaging are set wrong in your mobile phone or provisioning of SMS is wrong on your account. In this problem you have to first check the SMS network configuration settings of your mobile phone.You can do this using your mobile's service Provider. Ask them to provide correct settings of text messaging and ask them to activate SMS service on your mobile account. After this you will able to send SMS from your mobile.

I also had the same problem. Then one day my friend said me following trick. After using this trick I able to fix this problem. I think you also use this trick to get rid out of this problem.
    First connect your mobile to computer and take back up of your mobile -> now turn on your samsung message option and type *#2767 3855# -> after this your mobile will restart automatically -> now you will able to send sms from your mobile.

Have you contact your mobile's service provider regarding this issue? If yes, and they said that there is no problem from there side then it means that there is some in your mobile's software. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile with new firmware to get rid out of this problem. Just go to official site of Samsung for new updates. If new update is available then download and install in your mobile as per instruction. After this you will not get any problem.

heya, i have an omnia i900 and after a hard reset i cant access my messages, jus does nothing wen u select the messag icon.

Quote Originally Posted by macca99?? View Post
    heya, i have an omnia i900 and after a hard reset i cant access my messages, jus does nothing wen u select the messag icon.
    I dont think that a hared reset should cause anything like that?? anyways i just wanted to know that what exactly happens when you click on the message icon? does it says anything like opening or so??