Thread: How to connect Gfive U898 phone to computer?

How to connect Gfive U898 phone to computer?

Hi, I have G5 U898 mobile phone which has multimedia and GPRS support. I am trying to connect my phone to my desktop computer to transfer songs and videos but it is not getting detected. I am using a Aircel Sim Card and want to activate Internet on my phone so that I will be able to access the Internet on my phone from my computer. So if anybody knows How to connect G5 U898 Phone to PC, Please let me know. The operating system on my desktop computer is Windows XP and the RAM capacity is 2gb.

Re: How to connect Gfive U898 phone to computer?

Check if your phone supports GPRS or not before activating GPRS on the SIM. Many of the China phones claim that they support GPRS but they dont. If the phone supports GPRS then you will have to contact the Aircel customer support to get the GPRS settings for your Phone. Call up Aircel customer support and provide them with the model no and the make of the phone. Once all the needed information is provided, you will receive the GPRS settings on the phone via Message. Save this settings to your phone and you will be able to access the Internet from your phone.

The GPRS settings for the China phones are not provided by the Tech support team of the Network provider. You will have to manually configure all the settings on your phone. To do the settings manually, you will have to visit the Aircel website. Now Depending on Prepaid or Postpaid connection, choose the service accordingly. Now go to GPRS tab. It will show the GPRS settings for all the available model. Now select the Settings which are provided for all the handsets (common settings) and configure your phone according. Once the settings are configured, save them and see if they work. Before configuring the phone, activate the GPRS service on your SIM card by visiting nearest AIRCEL gallery.

To connect the phone to the computer you will need a PC suite installed on the computer. If the manufacturers of the phone have provided the PC suite in the form of CD then install the software on the computer. The operating system on the computer and the mobile phone are different hence the communication cannot happen directly. The PC suite software acts as a mediator between the computer and the phone and helps in establishing successful communication between the phone and the computer. If the CD is not provided then search for the PC suite online and download it.

Nowadays all the phones come with a built in modes which can be used to connect the phone to the computer. To transfer the data from the computer to phone and phone to computer you can use the data storage mode. To connect the phone in data storage mode, go to phone settings and then select the mode as data storage mode. Now connect the phone to compute, the computer will detect the phone as a mass storage device and you will be able to transfer the data from the computer to phone using a simple copy paste instructions. To access the Internet on the phone from your computer you will have to put the phone in External modem mode and then connect the phone to the computer, before connecting the phone to the computer you will have to activate GPRS on the phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If your phone has a bluetooth connectivity then you can buy a bluetooth dongle for your computer to access the internet on your phone. Connect the Bluetooth dongle to the computer and install its driver. Now double click on the Bluetooth icon in the task bar. A Bluetooth Explorer window will open. Now turn on the bluetooth on your phone. Now search for the available bluetooth devices. When the phone is displayed in the Bluetooth explorer window, click on it and pair them. Once the devices are paired, open the Network connection wizard and create a new dial up connection. Enter the number provided by Aircel in the tab which says no to be dialled. Enter the username and password which again is provided by Aircel. Now click on Dial. The connection will be established at 115.4kbps. Once the connection is established you will be able to access the Internet without any problems.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi...
    Its quite simple...
    Just follow these.......
    0.Make sure ur SIM1 holds the sim that is to be connected and also make sure that u get connection to ur phone...
    1.Now all u need to do is download the Micromax Driver (it suites for all china mobiles) from http://www.micromaxinfo.com
    2.Download the driver(say Q3 Driver) and phone suite(say Q3 Phone suite)
    extract it and save it on ur hard disk.
    3.goto ADD MODEMS in your PC and browse for the (.inf) file that is in path\Q3_Phone_Suite\Q3 Phone Suite\modem_inf....Press OK.
    4.Double click on application files in Driver folder (dont forget to install InstallDriver.exe)
    5.Click on Phone suite Application and configure your COM Port using your USB data cable...
    6.Create a connection (Phone Suite\Settings\Create Connection) using the Access point that depend on the network u use...
    eg: vodafone= portalnmms
    aircel= aircelgprs.pr
    airtel= airtelgprs.com
    reliance= rcomnet.................
    7.Goto Dialup tab to get connected using your data cable and enjoy surfing...
    8.In order to use it wirelessly.....Connect ur phone to pc using bluetooth and right click on your device ....click Dial up Networking and create a connection and use the modem "Standard Modem over Bluetooth Link #(label)"

Its all done now and enjoy browsing on ur PC using ur GFIVE handset with or without wires...
    Me too was a kind of sufferer lik u few months b4 but enjoying browsing all thro' d day NOW using my GFIVE G9000i.......