Thread: Backup of SMS and Contacts from Nokia N79 Mobile

Backup of SMS and Contacts from Nokia N79 Mobile

I am having the Nokia N79 Mobile phone i want to create the backup of the SMS and contacts of this mobile phone. When i am connecting this mobile phone using the USB cable provided with the mobile phone, i am only able to see the data of the memory card and not able to see the SMS and the Contacts of the mobile phone. So i am having the problem in taking the Backup of SMS and Contacts from Nokia N79 Mobile.Can anyone help me out for the same problem mentioned above?

Re: Backup of SMS and Contacts from Nokia N79 Mobile

Well there are many ways by using you can backup all the SMS and contacts stored on the device memory of your Nokia N79 Mobile phone. I think every person should take the Backup of the SMS, Contacts and important data and notes stored on the device memory and the memory card to the computer systems or the laptops whichever you are having. You can take the backup of the SMS and the Contacts of Nokia N79 device on the memory card of the mobile also.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

For taking the backup of the SMS stored on the Device memory of the Nokia N79 Mobile onto the memory card of this mobile phone. Go to the messages and select the settings option in the message itself. Now scroll down to the last option that is other settings. Open that and select the storage media as the Memory card instead of the default storage media phone memory. After this you will get the option to copy all the device messages to the memory card. Select yes here, Now all the messages will be transferred from the Device memory to the memory card of your Nokia N79 Mobile phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

For taking the Backup of the Contacts of the mobile phone on the memory card. Go to the contacts and select the options. Scroll down in the options till the "Backup". select this option. This will create the backup of all the contacts stored on the mobile phone on the memory card in the Single file. Whenever you want to retrieve the contacts just open this file and it will copy all the contacts again on the mobile phone.

You can take the backup of the SMS and the contacts present on the device memory of your Nokia N79 memory on the Computer and the laptops also. But for this you need the software called as the Nokia PC Suite or the Nokia OVI Suite. This software is included in the package with mobile phone having the DVD. Insert that DVD and install the software any of these two given in the DVD of the Nokia N79 mobile phone. If you are not having the DVD of the Mobile phone then you can download this softwares directly from here. You cannot take the backup of the SMS and the contact without this software on your computer system.
    Nokia PC Suite
    Nokia OVI Suite

After installing any one of the software from the Nokia PC Suite and the Nokia OVI Suite connect the Nokia N79 mobile phone using the USB cable or the Bluetooth. If you are connecting this Mobile to computer or the laptop using the USB Cable than select the PC Suite mode from the mobile when you connect otherwise the mobile will be connected to the normal data transfer mode. start this software and select the backup option from the given choices in the software. This will create the backup of the SMS and the Contacts and also can take the bacup of all the important data of the mobile phone.