Thread: How to set Resolution for Photos in Scanner?

How to set Resolution for Photos in Scanner?

Hi,
    I recently buy HP Scanjet G4010 scanner, I am working in photo lab, and here I scan images for editing, but the problem is when I scan images using HP Scanjet G4010 scanner images are scan but this look like blurred images I change the storing format but the problem still occur, in our lab we take old images from the customer but when we scan this images that time it look more older. And it will take more time to editing. And I am not able to solve this problem. So please tell me how I change the Resolution for Photos in Scanner?

Re: How to set Resolution for Photos in Scanner?

I tell you how you change the resolution in your scanner when you scan photos, fist I will tell you how to calculate the scanner resolution, we calculate the scanner resolution in dpi (Dots per Inches). You set the resolution for scanning image is depend on the images and what you do with the scanned images. Supposed if you scanned image at 200 to up to 300 dpi, then this image is use for making enlarge, this image has high resolution. And if you use this image for normal editing or normal size printing then this scanned image was wastes your time and hard drive space.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think following thinks are you decide before the scanning
    • Scan Quality : there is many factors are depend on the scan quality, for scan Quality you also called resolution if you set high quality the it will take maximum resolution with the number of colors.
    • Scanner Speed : here you to set normal speed for image scanning, if you scanned number of image with the high speed then it will decrease your scanner life.
    • Scanning Size: you have to select the size of scanned image mostly our scanned image size is between 8.5 x 11.7 to 8.5 x 14. Really we scanned image with the 14 inch long original size.
    • Film scanning: if you have negatives for scanning the then a flatbed that can accommodate these originals is a plus

I told you what to do when you start scanning, when you use scanned image for enlarging or making big flex, for that only you scanned your images at higher resolution or else you scan your images on up to 150 dpi. If you scanned images on high resolution then it will take long time scanned and the size of this scanned image is larger than other images. But this all the things are depend on you, what you do with scanned image and then only you set your scanner resolution.

I tell you why higher Scanner Resolution is not always better for you, your scanner resolution are depend on your image and after the scanning what will you do with this image or your Film. If suppose you scanned your image on 2400 then you get this image with the size 70mb. I think this resolution use for only Film or Negative scanning, but if you scan image on that resolution then it will west your time and your hard drive size also.