Thread: Nokia PC Suite Content Copier does not work

Nokia PC Suite Content Copier does not work

Hi,

I have connect the nokia N97 to my pc but Nokia Content Copier does not recognize more than the nokia phone. I have the message, "No phones are connected. Connect your phone now".All Attempts to uninstall, delete Directories and Registry Keys did not help. What should be the problem ? Why Nokia PC Suite Content Copier does not work ???

Re: Nokia PC Suite Content Copier does not work

This may be due to, you disconnect the cell phone and then connected the target phone without waiting for Nokia Content Copier to recognize the change of phone. If your Nokia Content Copier does not recognize more than one target phone. Before connecting the target phone, you must wait until your PC stops detecting the source phone and the error message appears in the Target phone box of Nokia Content Copier. This process may take a few seconds. If you have connected the target phone too quickly, disconnect it and wait for the text Unknown appears in the Target phone box, and then try again to connect the your nokia N97 phone.

I have the same problem, while trying to backup Contacts list, it shows busy for a long time, it takes more than 40-50 mins. However, it is not possible to read contact, calendar, messages etc., using other apps in the suite - but then the progress bar on the PC Suite display seems to have been stopped, But it looks like all the content has been transferred. Using other external applications, of course you can't create an alternative backup file!!!

To avoid losing your data, Try the following steps :

Use Menu> Tools> Utilities> Memory> Options> Back to the phone memory?

This backup of phone memory to memory card.

Furthermore, you can backup your contacts :

Contacts> Options> Mark / Unmark> Mark all> Options> Copy> Memory

You can solve this problem, deleting all contacts from the SIM card to the phone to move. After I used the erase option in Nokia Content Copier, the call register in the phone is empty. No matter what data you have selected to remove, put back all factory settings. The call register should always cleared.

You can install the latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite and see if you can take backup and restore later. I also suggest using USB for taking backup, it will be faster than Bluetooth. You can also select a category at once (eg contacts only backup, then Calendar, then messages, etc, etc. ....)

Its best to skip the backup memory card backup, while other data-ing the phone for faster backup. Backup memory card that can be done separately (it will not be affected while the firmware update, users can safely remove the memory card while the firmware update)

Today, although recent phones have UDP (User Data that is, prevention, although the firmware upgrade your phone, your data is erased usual), still recommended to back up phone data.