Thread: Can't install any application on Sony Ericsson Satio cell phone

Can't install any application on Sony Ericsson Satio cell phone

Just few days back i had bought a new Sony Ericsson Satio cell phone. Now the problem is that i'm unable to install any application on my new Sony Ericsson Satio Cell phone. Whenever i try to install application on my new Sony Ericsson Satio cell phone, it displays rather cryptic error messages like: "Cannot install application" with no clear error code, or some other error codes. So, can any body tell me that why i'm not able to install any application on my new Sony Ericsson Satio cell phone? Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Can't install any application on Sony Ericsson Satio cell phone

The Satio comes in a small, box. Printed on the box are a couple pictures of the Satio itself alongside some screenshots of applications that supposedly come with the phone. I think the best way is probably to use a service such as Slideshare or similar to outline the general concept or problem you are solving, depending on how much you feel you can share.

When you first turn on the Satio and are greeted by Sony Ericsson's custom homescreen, there's very little to indicate that it's a S60v5 phone. Play Now arena has apps now and more and more are added as we go along but there are of course other places to find them, different aggregators and publishers but also in many cases directly from the developers own websites. Once you press the menu button, however, the S60 UI that has remained virtually the same for so many years pops up.

It has roughly 50 applications on there now, with most of them appearing to be (expensive) dictionaries. It's Symbian based, surely a lot of symbian apps are out there that will work with it. I remember getting a Sega emulator and sonic the hedghog on an old Nokia 6660 with Symbian OS.

All the apps that work on the 5800, N97 and the OmniaHD should and will work on the Satio. It really depends. If you want tons of Apps and a nice smooth UI, iPhone. If you want something with more productivity and S60 apps, the Satio. Satio wins hands down in the photo/video department. They've got the same bloody operating system. Symbian's also got one of the largest app bases out there.

A major kernel/firmware reprogramming might be required on your Sony Ericsson Satio cell phone. Sometimes the new firmware can mess unintentionally with Your phone. Just update the software of your phone. You can download it from the official Sony Ericsson website.