Thread: How to Sync Ical with Blackberry?

How to Sync Ical with Blackberry?

I recently have bought a Blackberry Curve. I have a Mac desktop which runs on MAC OSX 10.5. As I am new to both the devices (MAC system and Blackberry), I would like to know How to sync Ical with Blackberry. I use Ical on my MAC to schedule all my appointments and meetings. As now i have bought a Blackberry I would like that all my appointments and meetings which are scheduled in Ical should be synced to my Blackberry directly. So if anybody has a simple solution about getting the Ical synced with Blackberry, do let know.

Re: How to Sync Ical with Blackberry?

There are many applications which are available for syncing Blackberry with the desktop computer. Download one such application which will help you in syncing the Blackberry with your desktop computer. Blackberry provides with a application which is you can download via Blackberry Desktop Manager it is known as Blackberry for MAC. By downloading and installing this software you will be able to sync the appointments and meetings from your Ical to your Blackberry. This software is not able available for free.

No downloading and installing Blackberry for Mac will not help you in syncing the Blackberry with your MAC. The application Blackberry for MAC only helps you in transferring the data from Blackberry to MAC and from MAC to Blackberry. It can sync only contacts and the address book with your computer and not the calendar. As you want to sync only the calendar with your phone, this application will not work. You will have to manually enter all the entries in the Calendar on your Phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Instead of using a third party application for syncing Ical with your Blackberry, you can sync your Ical online and then sync it back to Blackberry. Google provides the provision of syncing the Icalendar from the MAC systems with its calendar which can be useful in syncing the calendar with the phone. You will just need to sync the Ical with the Google calendar. Once the Ical is synced with the Google calendar, connect the Blackberry and sync its calendar with Google calendar. In this way you will be able to get all the dates and appointments synced from your Mac system to your Blackberry.

Missing sync is the application you need to sync the Mac system with Blackberry. This is a paid software which can be purchased online. Once the application is installed on the MAC system, you can sync the Blackberry without connecting wires. It uses Bluetooth services to sync the phone with the MAC system. You do not need to connect the phone and sync it manually. Missing sync automatically syncs the phone if the phone is in the proximity of the system.

According to me using any application which is not provided by the manufacturers should not be used for synchronizing important data from your computer to Phone. I was also facing the same problem with syncing my Ical with my blackberry phone. I downloaded and installed Blackberry Desktop for MAC application and used it for syncing the phone with the system. This application not only helps in syncing the contacts and the address book from the phone, but it also helps in syncing entries in the calendar.