Thread: Removing write protection of M2 Memory Card

Removing write protection of M2 Memory Card

I am having the M2 memory card which i am using with the Sony Ericsson mobile phone. But i am having the problem with this M2 Memory card of my mobile phone. Whenever I try to copy something on this M2 Memory card the error comes that "the disc is write protected and cannot write anything on it". So how can i remove the Write protection of M2 Memory card? The biggest problem is that the M2 cards are costlier than the other cards in the market and i can use only the M2 card in my mobile which is only made by the Sony. No other company makes the M2 memory cards.

Re: Removing write protection of M2 Memory Card

You are having the M2 Memory card which you are using it with the your Sony Ericsson Mobile phone and you are getting the "Write Protection Error" whenever you are trying to copy anything on this Memory card. but you are able to transfer the data stored on this memory card to some other devices and on the computer system. So i think there is some problem with the properties of this M2 memory card. Connect this M2 Card to the computer system and check the properties and change where required. This will fix the Write Protection problem of the M2 memory card.

This is one of the very common problems related to all the types of the memory cards whenever you try to transfer some data on the memory cards. The same problem you are getting hear with the M2 memory card. This is not the big problem, you just have to make the slight changes in the property of the memory card. Connect this M2 memory card to the computer system and change the registry value of this M2 memory card to “0” (Zero). Now you can do the data transfer on this M2 memory card easily.

If you are using the Adapter of the M2 memory card along with the card for the data transfer purpose then this can be the issue of the adapter that you are using with the M2 memory card. There is the small lock on the top left hand side of the adapter of the M2 memory card. make sure that when you insert the card along with the adapter in the laptop or the card reader this lock should not be down. If it will go down you will not be able to write anything on this M2 card. If the lock of the adapter not proper than you should change the adapter.

Follow these steps to remove the write protection of the M2 Memory Card.
    1. Goto Start -> Run
    2. Enter “regedit”
    3. This will open registry window.
    4. Check the following path
    5. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\StorageDevicePolicies
    6. Double click on the WriteProtect and set the value to “0”
    7. Exit registry window.
    8. Reboot your computer.

Now you are having ideas for removing the "Write Protection" from the M2 Memory card and you also know that what are the possible errors with this M2 Memory card. So try to fix this problem and if this problem does not solved then this M2 memory cards is not working properly. May be formatting can do something about this. If this also not works for this M2 Memory card then It is time to change the memory card for your Sony Ericsson mobile phone.