Thread: Error message: Uncaught Exception java.lang.error

Error message: Uncaught Exception java.lang.error

I am working in large scale company and at manager level post. I needed the business support phone and i purchased the famous Blackberry smartphone. Few days back, i got first major error with my Blackberry. When i went into explorer and into the blackberry homepage, and i got alert that new version of Yahoo Messenger is there, so uninstalled the older one, and downloaded the new version, and rebooted. Security checking passed, logged into the phone and suddenly got this error message after logging in:
    "Uncaught Exception java.lang.error"
    Please me out t o solve this problem. I am really feeling sick because of this error and many work of mine gets delay also.
    Last edited by Rum; 06-01-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Re: Error message: Uncaught Exception java.lang.error

I also faced same error few days back, when installing external program.So to overcome this error i had contacted the software technical support and they recommended to set the permission as follow: Option--Advance Option--Application--(Application that you have just installed i.e yahoo messenger in you case)--(Menu Button)--Edit Permission--Check (Set) Allow All (Check All). Now save whatever have done till now and switch off phone, remove battery also. Start the phone and error would be fix. This worked for me, hope it will work for you also.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 06-01-2010 at 01:19 PM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am also going through the same problem and not able to solve this problem anyhow, don't know will it solve or not. Firstly everything appeared when I made upgrade Yahoo Messenger. I wipe my blackberry 9500 and also did upgradation of my blackberry. The problem came when i upgraded the facebook. After that, i have uninstalled the facebook and reinstalled again but the problem is still coming. What should i do?

Here is the step by step solution to your problem:
    1] Firstly delete the application(i.e yahoo messenger).After doing this, you will be asked to reboot and allow it to happen.
    2] Once rebooting is done, goto Options--advanced options--applications and then menu (click thumb roller), Modules.
    3] Scroll down(till bottom) and to the bottom of the modules list, you would be able to see a net_rim_yahoo_messenger module. Remove that also.
    4] Again you will be asked to reboot and allow it.
    5] Now, install Yahoo Messenger once again.
    Hope you can solve the problem.

I have also gone through this problem and removed also. See the yahoo messenger is 3rd party application , so we need to change the settings for this type application to be installed and work properly.To do settings goto Options-->Advanced options-->Application. Now scroll to the installed application(i.e yahoo messenger) and change the permission to allow. Save and Exit from this settings. Now restart the phone and this problem will not be there anymore. Hope it does work for you.

My knowledge about the Blackberry phone says the device will be working perfectly well and very nicely until you try to install any new 3rd party application in it. Once you will install the 3rd party application, the error(Uncaught Exception java.lang.error) will surely come. To fix this error, you will have to do some settings and my suggestion would be to contact technical person of Blackberry and fix the problem. Don't worry your problem would be solved, its not un-solvable problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's