Thread: HP laptop MIC not working

HP laptop MIC not working

I am having the HP laptop with the inbuilt Mic and the webcam. But there is some problem with the microphone of this HP laptop. I come to know about this problem two days before when i was trying to chat with the friend on the messenger over the internet. The other person was not able to hear my voice. I have recently upgraded my computer system from the Windows XP operating system to the Windows 7 operating system. This microphone was working properly with the Windows XP operating system. But now this MIC is not working in the Laptop with Windows 7 OS.

Re: HP laptop MIC not working

You are having the HP laptop and there is some problem related to the microphone/MIC of the laptop. You are not able to do the conversation on the internet because of this problem. I think the reason for this the settings for the microphone of your HP laptop. Check the settings of this microphone from the sound devices from the control panel of the laptop. If the settings is not proper then make it proper and increase the volume level of the MIC of the laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think the MIC of your HP laptop is not working because of the drivers software issue. Make sure that you have installed the driver software for the Webcam and the microphone which is built-in on your HP laptop. If you have not installed it in the laptop then this devices will not work at all. First install the drivers for this devices in your laptop. Insert the driver disc of the laptop in the DVD Rom and install all the required drivers for the laptop. After the installation of the driver software for the MIC restart the system. This will solve this issue.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

To check the settings of the microphone of your HP laptop follow these steps.
    Control Panel->Sound->Microphone->Configure->Setup Microphone.
    This will lead you to setting up the Microphone of the laptop. Go through this microphone setting Wizard and after that find the Microphone setting Wizard in the yahoo and complete that, Now you will be able to chat online with the persons opposite to you.

You have mentioned that the operating system of this HP laptop is upgraded from the Windows XP to the Windows 7 operating system. So i think so that this is the issue related to the driver compatibility with the operating system. Download the latest driver supported with the windows 7 operating system of your laptop. Because this mic was working properly with the Windows XP operating system.

If all the settings are proper for the MIC of this HP laptop and the driver software is also compatible with the Windows 7 operating system in the laptop then i think the MIC of this HP laptop is damaged and you need to get repaired this Microphone as soon as possible. You should contact to the HP service center for solving this issue of the HP laptop MIC . They will handle and repair the MIC of the HP Laptop properly without any problem. Because this laptop is still in the warranty period.