Thread: Nokia N78 restarted with default setting

Nokia N78 restarted with default setting

Hello to all,
    I recently bought a cool new Nokia N78 from branded store. It has amazing features and it looks very well. It don't have any problem until last night. Last night when running nimbuzz on my mobile, it suddenly hangs and I have to restart it. After restarting I found that my mobile's phone setting was restored to defaults. I don't know why this happened. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Nokia N78 restarted with default setting

In this case you have to reverse that setting to your mobile's previous setting. I also had the same problem. Then after performing following steps I able to get my old phone setting. Just try following steps to overcome this problem.
    1.First unlock your mobile.
    2.Now type *#7780# and dial.
    3.If it asked for security code then type default code 12345.
    4.after this process your mobile will have your old phone setting.

From your information it seems that there is some software related issue. Your mobile's software may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting this problem. I this case you have to upgrade your mobile to overcome this problem. Upgrade process install new version of OS in your mobile. Just connect your mobile to computer using nokis PC suite and check for new updates. If new update for your mobile found then install it in your mobile as per instruction.

From your information it seems that your mobile is affected with some kind of virus and that's why you are getting this problem. In this case you have to remove those virus from your mobile to overcome this problem. You can remove those virus by using computer's Anti-virus. Just connect your mobile to computer in "Removable disk" and scan your mobile. After that disconnect your mobile and restart. Now you will not get such type of problem.

Hey it seems that your mobile's phone memory is accidentally get deleted and that's why you lost all your phone setting. In this case there is no way to recover that old data. In this case you have to manually insert that old data again in your mobile. If you have backup of your mobile then it will be easy for you to restore your mobile with that old data. In this case just connect your mobile to computer using Nokia PC suite and restore backup of your mobile.

I also had the same problem. I tried various method but none of them worked out. Then one of my friend said me to do Hard reset mobile. After performing Hard reset, my mobile is working fine now. I think you also Hard reset your mobile to fix this problem. Just take backup of your mobile. Now press "*" key, "3" key, dial key and on key simultaneously until mobile boot up.
    After this precess you will not get any problem.