Thread: Cannot Transfer files to G5 T33 Mobile Phone

Cannot Transfer files to G5 T33 Mobile Phone

Hello friends, I have recently bought a G5 T33 Mobile phone which is a china phone. I want to connect my phone to computer to transfer files to it. But I am unable to transfer any data from Computer to my G5 T33 phone. I connect the phone to the computer by using the USB data cord which is provided with the phone but the phone does not get detected. I tried many times but I am unable to connect the phone to my computer. Is there a problem with my mobile phone? My computer works on Windows Xp Pro. Please help.

Re: Cannot Transfer files to G5 T33 Mobile Phone

I think the USB cord that you are using to connect the phone to the computer is faulty due to which the phone is not getting detected. USB data cord consist of lines of conductors which get cut due to improper storage or with excessive usage. The connector of the Data cord also develops faults due to excessive usage. Change the cord and connect the phone to the computer. The phone will get detected and the drivers will be installed automatically.

Have you checked the USB port on which the mobile is connected? There is a high possibility that the USB port on the motherboard is faulty. Check the USB port by connecting some other mass storage device to it. When the device is connected to the port, the windows should give a "New Hardware Found" Beep. If there is no sound when the device is plugged in, then the port is faulty. Try to connect the phone to some other port and see if it gets detected. There is no way in which you can repair the faulty USB port, you can only change the entire motherboard which is not advisable as only one port is faulty.

If the the phone has an External memory card then you can transfer all your files from your computer to your phone by using a USB card reader. Card readers are easily available. You just have to plug in the card reader in one of the USB ports and insert the memory card in one of the slots. The card will get detected by the system as a Mass storage device. It will be seen in My computer as a Removable Disk. Now you can transfer the data from the computer to the phone by using simple copy paste or send to commands. While selecting the Card reader, make sure that the Card reader supports the memory card which you are using.

You will be needing a PC suite installed on your computer to connect your phone to computer. The operating systems on the Mobile phone and the computer is different, hence to establish a successful connection between the computer and the phone a special software known as PC suite is required. PC suite acts as mediator between the computer and the mobile phone. Download the PC suite which is compatible with the model of the phone you are using and then install it on the computer. Once the PC suite is installed, connect the phone to computer. The operating system will detect and install the drivers of the phone automatically. Now you will be able to transfer data from your computer to mobile phone without any issue.

PC suite software is only required if you want to synchronize the data on your phone with the computer. It is not required to transfer data from computer to phone. You can put the phone in Mass storage mode and then connect the phone to computer. It will be detected as Mass storage device and you will be able to transfer files to it. To put phone in mass storage mode, go to phone settings and select Mass storage mode.