Thread: Loaded songs disappeared from memory card in Nokia E71

Loaded songs disappeared from memory card in Nokia E71

Hello to all,
    I have E71 which is 2 months old. Last night I transferred songs from my computer to my mobile. I have 4Gb Memory Card. The problem is that when I unplug my mobile and check my music player, I found that all songs disappeared from the Music Player and also from Memory card. I don't know why this happened. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Kasper; 02-01-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Re: Loaded songs disappeared from memory card in Nokia E71

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your music player application and that's why you are not able to view all songs from memory card. Your mobile's music player may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting this problem. As per my suggestion you must use some third party music application for your mobile to get rid out of this problem. Just search on google for music player which supports your mobile.

It seems that there is some memory card related issue. Your mobile's memory card may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting this problem. First try to insert another memory card in your mobile and check whether you get the same problem or not. If you didn't get any error, it means that your old memory card is faulty one and it has to be replaced with new. Just buy new memory card of better quality.

Hey this is not a problem. You have to first refresh your music library to view all songs. Whenever you connect your mobile to computer for transfer any file, after disconnecting your mobile you have to refresh your mobile's music library to view all songs. If you don't know how to do this than use following steps.
    1.First open music player.
    2.Now go to option.
    3.Now select "Refresh library".
    4.Now wait for few seconds until process complete.
    5.After this you are able to view all songs.

From your information it seems that your mobile's memory card become write protected and that's why you are getting this problem. When memory card become write protected you are not able to add, delete or edit from memory card and for this reason your memory card become useless. In this case try to remove write-protection from your memory card. If you are not able to remove write protection from your memory card then go to following link.
    Process to remove write protection in my pen drive

It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's software. It may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting this problem. I also had the same problem. After upgrading with new version, now don't have any problem. I think you also upgrade your mobile to overcome this problem. This is very simple process. Just connect your mobile to computer using Nokia PC suite and install new update in your mobile as per instruction.