Thread: Ipod does not play sound

Ipod does not play sound

Hi Everyone, I am having an Apple ipod which was running fine from the last few months. Recently i discovered that my ipod has stopped producing any sound. It neither plays sound from the earphone socket nor from the socket on the bottom of the player. Can you suggest me how can i get my ipod's sound back. I would like to thanks in Advance .

Re: Ipod does not play sound

Hello,
    I think that the only solution is either you restore your ipod using the itunes and add all your music again or try to hold the center circle button plus the "play" button for atleast 5 seconds and again restart the ipod after sometime. I hope that this will help you. Please mention the model of your ipod in your further replies.

I think your ipod is affected by some Virus or malicious program while you were transferring the music from the computer to the ipod. So to solve this you will have to restore your ipod or reset it. The next possible solution is that you hold the centre button for around 10 seconds and then restart your ipod. If this does not help you then try to format the ipod.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am also facing the similar kind of issue with my ipod last week when i was watching the video and the sound got scratchy and after that it disappeared. Then i plugged it into the FM transmitter (DLO) when i played it with the bottom jack a bit i started getting momentary blips of sound. But since my ipod is still in the Warranty period i don't have to worry about that. So check whether your ipod still falls in the warranty period and then go and simply put your ipod in to the apple service center and get it repaired there.

If you cannot hear sounds from your ipod this can be either due to damaged earphone so try to change the earphone and then see whether you are able to hear some sound or not or else your ipod is damaged so please go to the apple service centre and get it repaired there. This will solve your issue

This is a common fault in most of the video ipod i have heard a lot of cases like this one. No sound can be heard from the ipod headphones or or from the docking connector. This problem can be solved by pinching bottom right of the ipod. If this does not works for you then the another solution is that while you are applying pressure there , it might be a case of contact failure , when the unit warms up the contact is lost and that's why the sound, One of my friend told me to put it in the fridge if i want it to work.But the ultimate solution to this problem is a new logic board. So just go for it!