Thread: keypad's back light won't turn off in Nokia 6700

keypad's back light won't turn off in Nokia 6700

Hello to all,
    I don't know whether it is right place or not. I am having this problem from yesterday. I have nokia 6700 which is 1 months old. Yesterday after taking some picture from my mobile when it become lock, it's screen goes to black but the keypad's lights stay on and it didn't get switch off. I don't know what happened to it. Please help me to get rid out of this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: keypad's back light won't turn off in Nokia 6700

Have you restart your mobile? If not then first try to restart your mobile. If that also not solved your problem then it seems that your mobile is faulty and that's why you are getting this problem. Because such type problem rarely happened with new mobile phone. In this case you have to contact your nokia service center to get rid out of this problem. You have said that your mobile is only 1 months old then take advantage of it.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

From your information it seems that it is a fault with the firmware of your mobile phone. Your mobile's software may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting this problem. In this case you have to install latest firmware in your mobile to get rid out of this problem. You can do this in following ways.
    1.First connect your mobile to computer.
    2.Now latest firmware from nokia. If you directly want this latest firmware then click here.
    3.Now install this firmware in your mobile as per instruction.

Have you try to restart your mobile? If not, then try to restart your mobile. I also had the same problem. I tried various method but none of then work out. Then one day I accidentally restart my mobile and after that I didn't get that problem again. Some time such simple process solve some complicated problem.

Most the people face such type problem. This happened due to your mobile's battery. In this case you have to remove your mobile's battery from your mobile to overcome this problem. First switch of your mobile. Now remove battery from your mobile and again insert it properly in mobile after 15 minutes. After this you will not get any error.

I also had the same problem. Then one of my friend said me to reset mobile. After resetting my mobile, now I don't get that problem. I think you also reset your mobile to overcome this problem. If you don't know how to reset your mobile then use following steps.
    1. First take back of your mobile.
    2. Now turn off your mobile.
    3. Now press dial key, "*" button and "3" button simultaneously until it switch on.
    4. After this you will not get any error.