Thread: N97 freezes on startup

N97 freezes on startup

Hello to all,
    I have Nokia N97 which is 2 months old. It don't have any problem until last night. When I watching video in my mobile at last night, it suddenly switch off and unable to switch on. Whenever I tried to switch on my mobile(N97), it freezes at startup. I don't know what happened to it. Please help me.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Steadfast; 31-12-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Re: N97 freezes on startup

It seems that you have installed lot of application in your mobile and that's why you are getting this problem. When you installed more application in your mobile, these application requires lot of your mobile's RAM memory. It means your mobile's RAM become overloaded and it unable to handle this overload. For this reason your mobile switch off to free up overload from RAM. In this case close those application, which uses lot of your mobile's RAM.

You have to hard reset your mobile to overcome this problem. Most of the people face such type of problem and they are able to over come this problem by performing Hard Reset process. If you don't know how to Hard Reset your mobile then use following steps.
    1. First turn off your mobile.
    2. Now press Caps shift button, Space bar button, Delete button, On button simultaneously until it automatically switch on.
    3. Now you will not get any problem.
    Note : This process will delete all your mobile's data.

I think lot of people face this problem. This happened if your mobile's memory card or phone memory become full. In this case your mobile become slow and after some times become unresponsive. It is happened, because your mobile's RAM has to process all this data and it unable to handle this load. To over come this problem you have to free up your mobile's data from phone memory and memory card.

Have you try to remove battery from your mobile? I also had same problem with my mobile. I also unable to switch on my mobile. Then one day I remove my battery for 15 minutes and after some time again insert battery, after that surprisingly my mobile started with no problem. I think you also try this step to overcome this problem.

Have you try to reset or restart your mobile? If not, then first try this steps. After this if you still have the same problem then there is some software related issue. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile to overcome this problem. Upgrade process install new version of OS in your mobile. Just connect your mobile to computer and update your mobile using Nokia PC suite