Thread: Watching HD movies from laptop on HD Television

Watching HD movies from laptop on HD Television

I am having the Laptop which has the HDMI PORT and there is 40" full High definition LCD television at my home. I have lots of High definition movies in my computer system. I can watch that on the laptop but i want to watch these HD movies on the LCD TV. I want to know that how can i watch these HD Movies on my LCD TV from the laptop itself. Now i have to write the DVD of these movies and play this monies using the DVD Player. I dont want to do this again and again. So provide me the solution for this problem.

Re: Watching HD movies from laptop on HD Television

You are having the 40" HD LCD television at your home and you want to watch the high definition movies on this LCD television directly from the laptop so that you dont need to burn the disc of those movies. You can do this very easily by the HDMI technology. Your laptop is having the HDMI port and the LCD TV is also having the HDMI port. Connect both the devices using the HDMI Cable. After that you will be able to see the movies directly from the laptop on the LCD television.

You can also connect the laptop to the LCD television for watching the High definition movies directly on the LCD television using the S-Video port of the Laptop and the LCD television. Connect both the devices using the S-Video cable. But you will not get the full HD experience which you will get by the HDMI Cable connection. If you dont have this cable then buy it from the electronic shops.

The High Definition Multimedia Interface which is also called as HDMI worldwide was launched in 2004 with 1.0 version. This connectivity is the starting interface for the every types of the uncompressed audio file and also for the video files with the one connectivity cable. The HDMI connectivity standard is developed by the Sony , philips, Hitachi, Toshiba, Panasonic, Silicone Image and Thomson in the panel and all other leading electronic brands in the world community.
    Last edited by Ernest; 30-12-2009 at 12:34 PM.

In the earlier years we were having the DVI. after that HDMI connectivity came in the existence with the different versions and it had the total range of HDMI cables, adaptors, HDMI connectors, switches and also the splitters.
    Now despite of the increasing demand of the HDMI in the market ,whether to use the HDMI or to use the old AV and DVI connections.
    But because of the HDMI cable you dont have to think about the connection twice because there is only one cable for all the purpose but with AV there is different cables for the videos and different cable for the audio. So it is better to use the HDMI cable for watching movie on the LCD TV from the laptop.
    Last edited by Quentin; 30-12-2009 at 12:43 PM.