Thread: install XBOX 360 Optional Media Update.

install XBOX 360 Optional Media Update.

Helpp!!! I have not used my xbox 360 from last 1 year. Now i have again made my xbox ready to play but i am facing some problem while using it. Actually i want to view WMV files. Whenever i try to play wmv files then i got a error saying that update media. Now i do not know what media updates are needed to play wmv files and how do i update this ?

Unsupported files.

I think there is not a problem regarding the updates. Here you would be playing the media which is not supported by the xbox 360. Because i have the same xbox and i have tried it many times. Whenever i try for playing the unsupported media then i get the same error message. I would suggest you to confirm it by playing the media file on some other xbox 360 or you may try playing other file of the same media type.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Go to Game Marketplace.

I have seen the same problem for many times and i have figured it out by installing it from the Game Marketplace. You find it in the game section of the Game Marketplace. Once you go to Game Marketplace then go to explore contents and select for all games in there. Go for Browsing all the games and in O section you may find "Optional Media Update".

Connect to live.

I have done by connecting it to the Live. Try to play divx in video library from USB. Doing this will give an error asking for media update. You can update it from there itself. I did the same and it worked out. Initially i was scared about being banned but it did not banned me.

Download it from the official website.

Only one solution for downloading the Optional Media Updates for xbox 360 live is you do it from the xbox website. Because it will be the one which will give you the proper updates. And they may charge you for a particular u[dates but if they would be charging then you be sure about that you would not be finding those updates for free.

Open an account on live.

You can update your optional media updates by going live through xbox. Here you will have to open an account to get those updates. Let me get you out of tension that it does not charge you to open an account nor it will to get updates. Even it does not ban your xbox. I think you should go live now, your Optional Media Updates would be waiting for you there.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"