Thread: Flashing envelope sign in nokia N96

Flashing envelope sign in nokia N96

Hello to all,
    I am having this problem from last 2 days. I have new Nokia N96. From last 2-4 days, in the right hand side of mobile it has flashing envelope sign. I don't know what is that mean. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me to remove that sign.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Flashing envelope sign in nokia N96

This means that you have one or more unread message in your mobiles' message inbox. If you will not read any new message then your mobile Flashes envelope sign in right hand side of your mobile for indication. It is one of the feature of nokia mobile. In this case you have to open that new message to get rid out of this problem. After opening that new message you will find, that envelope sign has vanished.

It seems that your mobile's message memory become full and that's why you are getting such type of problem. Such type of problem face by most of the people. In this case you have to delete those old messages from your mobile to overcome this problem. You can do this by using nokia PC suite. Just connect your mobile in PC suite mode and select all those necessary message and press delete button.

Hey, this is mean that your one of the message in sending mode. It means that you have send one message and that message is in the process of sending. This is not he problem. It is actually feature of nokia mobile, it indicates you whether your message is send or not. It automatically disappeared after sending message. If that message icon not disappeared then you have to manually delete that sending message.

It seems that you have changed SIM card in your mobile and that's why you are getting this problem. It happened, if your old Sim card has one or more unread message and in that situation you replace that SIM card with new one. This type of problem happened with lot of nokia mobile phone users. To over come this problem you have to insert that old SIM card and open that unread message. After that insert new SIM card in your mobile.

I also had the same problem. I tried various method, but I unable to delete that sign. Then one of my friend said me to Reset my phone. After resetting my mobile and I didn't get that problem. I think you also reset your mobile to over come this problem. If you don't know how to reset your mobile then use following steps.
    First go to main menu -> now go to Setting option -> now go to phone setting -> now go to reset option -> now go to phone reset option -> now wait for few minutes until reset process complete.
    Note : Take backup of your mobile before performing this step.