Thread: Toshiba NB100 laptop battery issue

Toshiba NB100 laptop battery issue

Just few days back i had bought a Toshiba NB100 laptop. I had installed Windows Vista as my operating system. Now the problem is that when i charge my laptop battery it doesn't get fully charged up. I keep on getting low battery error message on my laptop. Can any one tell me that how do i resolve Toshiba NB100 laptop battery issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Toshiba NB100 laptop battery issue

Toshiba NB100 Extended Battery 8800mAh black High capacity/extended replacement, rechargeable Secondary Battery. Toshiba NB100 high capacity battery. Battery life is sub-par, considering that Toshiba has opted for a four-cell battery (rated at 29Whr) rather than the almost mandatory three-cell battery.

With 11g WiFi running, the screen brightness at 66% and the volume wound all the way up the NB100 managed only 148 minutes – just shy of 2.5 hours – playing a handful of DiVX videos. Lithium-Ion batteries are longer lived than conventional batteries and do not require replacement as often. There is no battery memory effect with a lithium-ion battery — you can charge the battery whenever you like without fear of reducing its charge capacity. Two and half hours is closer to what you’d expect from a three-cell battery – by way of comparison, Dell’s Inspiron Mini 9 (which is also fitted with a four-cell 32Whr battery) managed just over three hours under the exact same test.

Moreover, you do not need to drain a lithium-ion battery completely before recharging it. So if you need a decent keyboard, you can buy a better netbook than the NB100. Ditto if you want the best battery life, a machine that looks cute, or one that's as cheap as chips. That makes the NB100 a tough sell. This extended battery allows you to work for longer periods without having to connect your handheld to a power outlet. This Lithium-Ion Secondary Battery has been tested and validated for your Toshiba NB100.

Make sure the power saving features are enabled when using the laptop on battery power. Its battery life, for a 4-cell battery, is nothing special at 2hrs 49mins under light use, but at least Toshiba offers additional 4-cell batteries. These features may be disabled manually for many laptops if you absolutely need the maximum speed setting for a task, don't forget to turn power saving back on. Upgrade Laptop Battery from Ni-MH to Li-ion Ni-Cd, Ni-MH and Li-ion Laptop Battery are all fundamentally different from one another and cannot be substituted unless the has been pre-configured from the manufacturer to accept more than one type of battery chemistry.

If you are not going to use the Toshiba NB100 battery for a long period of time then try to store it in a cool dry place at about a 40% charge level. Do not freeze. A netbook is only ever intended for modest uses, and in the case of low resolution flash videos, general web browsing and office work the NB100 does no better or worse than any other, due to the common hardware platform. When using the battery for Toshiba NB100, try to charge it as often as possible as soon as you can. The battery should be re-installed every 3-4 weeks and allowed to fully discharge. Leaving a battery in storage for longer than this without using could cause the battery to fully discharge as the circuitry of the toshiba Nb100 battery itself consumes power.