Thread: MSI Wind Wireless issues

MSI Wind Wireless issues

I'm having a MSI Wind U100 laptop, o which i had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. When I press Fn+F6 the camera sprite displays in the corner, and Windows then tells me "USB Device not Recgognized." My WiFi connection to my router keeps dropping. It will pick up my router, say the signal is great, then 10 second later drop and find it again immediately. It just keeps on doing this. So, can any one tell me how do i resolve MSI Wind wireless issues? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: MSI Wind Wireless issues

Try turning off the laptop unplug it and also remove the battery. Open it back up and push the power button without the battery or power cord attached. The setup did a compatibility check and said that it's not compatible. Maybe it's the Atom Processor? But it wont let me install and canceled the setup. Now plug it in with the power cord and boot it up. If it works, power it down again and put the battery back in and boot it up again.

Some people have issues and a lot of people claimed to work quite stable. I guess it could be a router issue. You might not be familiar with Micro-Star International but they are turning a lot of heads with the Wind, not just for its reasonable price but also a smart design and its advantages over the rest of the field. I hope you are not using Dlink Extreme draft N which I am planning to buy soon to replace my Linksys draft N (fast and good signal when new, both degraded dramatically recently).

Are you sure the wireless is actually turned on? It's on the 1.06 BIOS but when I upgraded to either to 1.0A or 1.09, I would lose the card reader and USB ports. If you press the Fn key and F11 key, you should also have the wireless (satellite dish looking) icon light up at the bottom right of the laptop (it's between the "0" and "moon" icons). Pressing this combo toggles between WiFi off BT off, WiFi on BT off, and WiFi on BT on.

I know several people who have made this change and had absolutely no problems. You will find the same cut-and-paste spec innards crammed inside: a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N280 CPU, 1GB of RAM, a 10.2 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel display and a 160GB hard drive. Expect the stock standard 3 USB ports, gigabit Ethernet and multimedia card slot as well.Also, there are already Linux drivers for that card, so it also works well with Ubuntu.

The best to resolve your MSI Wind Wireless issues, is to contact your manufacturer. he might be able to help you out to resolve your above Wireless issues. Try to take your laptop to near by service center. There their technician might be bale to resolve your above issue.