Thread: Wi-Fi issue in Nokia N85 mobile

Wi-Fi issue in Nokia N85 mobile

Hello guys i am having the mobile of Nokia NSeries model. I am using the Nokia N85 Mobile. But there is one problem with this Nokia N85 Mobile phone which i am getting. I am getting the problem in connecting to the wireless network using the Wi-Fi feature of this mobile phone. I am not able to connect the wireless network i am having at my home. I have the wireless router and still i am not able to connect that wireless network.

Re: Wi-Fi issue in Nokia N85 mobile

You have the problem in connecting to the wireless networks available around you using the Nokia N85 mobile phone. For connecting to the wireless network first of all you should turn on both the devices. The wireless router and the Wi-Fi of your mobile phone. Search for the available wireless networks available around your mobile phone. After that you will get the list of all available wireless networks. Select your wireless network and select the connect from the options. After this you will be able to browse to the internet without any problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If you are able to see the list of available wireless network or if any wireless networks are not shown in your mobile phone instead of turning on the wireless router. then there is the possibility that the visibility mode of your wireless router is hidden. If is it so, then there two ways by which you can connect to this wireless network. The first is , if the list of the wireless network is not shown in N85 mobile then after this go to the option and select "show the hidden networks". After this you will be able to see all the hidden wireless networks around you. Select one and connect to it. The second way is that, Turn off the hidden visibility of the wireless router from the computer system. after that connect to this wireless network.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are having the WPA encryption enabled in your router then before connecting to this wireless network through the mobile phone you need to enter the password which you have set for your Wirelees network in your mobile phone. WPA encryption secures the wireless networks from the Unauthorized use without your permission. If you dont know the password for your wireless network then ask for it from your ISP. It is possible that they have set the password at the time of the activation and you are not aware of it. They will tell you the password. After that you will be able to connect to the wireless network using the Wi-Fi of Nokia N85 Mobile Phone.

If you are having More than one wireless network in the list of wireless networks of your mobile phone and the two networks are having the same names then there can be the problem in connecting to that particular network. So it is better to Change the Wireless network name of your wireless router so that you can easily identifify and connect to your wireless router using the Nokia N85 Wi-Fi feature.

If all the above mentioned solution are not able to solve this wi-fi issue related to your Nokia N85 mobile phone then first try to restore the Factory settings of your mobile phone after this your mobile setting will come to the default as you have purchased it. Most probably doing this will solve your problem. If not so then you have to flash your Nokia N85 mobile phone because there is some problem with the operating system of your mobile phone.