Thread: Want to buy Cyber-shot WX1.

Want to buy Cyber-shot WX1.

Hi all, I am a new comer in the photography field. I want to buy a camera and its name is Cyber-shot WX1. I have seen many cameras but i liked this one much more then others. But the thing is that i have not gone through its features yet though i have seen its body and it was quit impressive. Actually i got some ideas about what this camera would be having but still want to know all the facts about this model of cyber shot.

Cyber-shot WX1 uses Exmor "R" CMOS sensor.

Sony's Cyber-shot WX1 is a quit good camera for the beginners. To increase the sensitivity over traditional front-illuminated CMOS sensors Cyber-shot WX1 uses an an innovative back-illuminated Exmor "R" CMOS sensor. And they says the it has been increased by 200%. Sony even says that this will improve the performance in the low light areas which will result in more sharper images with the lesser noise.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Look and size of Sony Cyber-shot WX1.

Cyber-shot WX1 can be covered by the credit card as it is such smaller in size. Thickness of this camera is 0.75 inches and 1.5 inches with extended lens. Sony Cyber-shot WX1 is easy to handle and you can keep it in a pocket. There is nothing like grip on this small camera. Your thumb will go on the back panel at the place of Mode dial.

Lens used in Cyber-shot WX1.

It is a sweet lens used in this small camera. It starts from 24 mm which is very much enough to capture a room without getting inside the wall. This will extends to 120mm with a 5x zooming feature. If you travel much with this sweet and small camera then maximum zoom is 10x combining the both optical and digital zoom. The Sony Cyber-shot WX1's lens has 6 elements in 5 groups, which includes 5 aspheric elements.

Modes in Cyber-shot WX1.

Sony Cyber-shot WX1 has several modes by which you can capture picture. Without manual control, this camera has provided the auto modes which includes Easy, Intelligent Auto, and Program. In easy mode you camera would be on safer view which will provide Image Size and Flash but it will also get into Intelligent Scene Recognition to optimize camera settings.

Cyber-shot WX1 storage and price.

Sony Cyber-shot WX1 has 11 mb of inbuilt memory which can be further extended by using the Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo media. It will be better to extend its memory with at least 1 gb card so that you can easily use its movie mode which consumes much more memory then the photos. If you want to shoot HD movies then you have use PRO card. Sony Cyber-shot WX1 is available in the market for $299, it may excess due to extra duties and taxes.