Thread: Using Aircel GPRS via laptop

Using Aircel GPRS via laptop

I bought a new Aircel sim card recently because it is providing a free gprs service for a month for just 98 rupees. I have also bought a new Nokia 5800 phone and installed the Nokia PC suite on my laptop . But I am unable to surf the internet with my laptop via the Aircel phone. Suggest me a solution to connect to the internet via the laptop using Aircel?

Re: Using Aircel GPRS via laptop

The Aircel GPRS is definitely a good choice because its providing a decent GPRS facilty for the whole month in just 98 rupees. If you don't know to connect to the internet then what are you waiting for call the customer care and get the assistance from them. You will definitely get the solution from them.

For connecting to the internet via the Aircel follow these step by step instruction as follows

* Go to Message Option in your cell phone and write PI and Send SMS to 121.
    * After few minutes you will receive a Pocket Internet Setting message from the Aircel.
    * Just Open the message, select Save Option, select Default option and push OK.
    * Switch OFF your Mobile Phone for a minute or two and then restart it again.
    * After turning your mobile ON, Hold the "0" button and you will get connected to the internet.

Hope you got the solution.
    Last edited by Deep23; 26-12-2009 at 08:53 PM.

You can use Internet Cyclone to connect your laptop to the internet through the Aircel mobile.Also it increases the speed a little. I am using it and it is better than lot of available option or just go through the instruction manual you have recieved while purchasing the Aircel mobile. There is a step by step instrucion written on the instruction manual. If you find any problem with instructions in the instruction manual. Then , do not bother to call the customer care.

To Access the internet via your laptop you must download latest pc suit of 2009 for your mobile . First install the PC suite of your mobile and create a new dial up network connection you can also do this from control panel now go to manual setup for nokia suite. Select the country type the APN address from the pocket internet settings leave blank at the Number option and save your settings wait for sometime and you will be connected to the internet.

Hi friends the user manual did not help me to set the internet connection so i called the customer care executive and got assistance from them. But i would like to thanks you all because you all helped me a lot to get connected to the internet.
    Thanks!!! to you all i got connected

please tell me how can I access gprs vis laptop using pc suite

Quote Originally Posted by mannu.kt@gmail.com View Post
    please tell me how can I access gprs vis laptop using pc suite
    Actually, you need to have a mobile phone and install its pc suite in your pc, like for example, if you have nokia mobile phone then download and install nokia pc suite in your computer, or if you have a samsung mobile phone then you need to download and install its pc suite which is called Samsung PC Studio in your mobile phone. After this you need to install the modem drivers of you mobile in your computer as well. Then ask the customer care to give u the settings of aircel GPRS. Then after receiving the settings install it. Restart your phone and open your PC suite and connect your phone, at network create wizard Give

Name = WEBPR
    APN = aicelweb
    Number= *99***# .
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am using nokia 3250 and aircel n/w. how can i use it to connect it to pc ..... i would be greatful if a proper solution is received !!!!!
    pl do help me out .........

First of all simply get your GPRS activated. For doing so, call Aircel Customer Care and ask them to send the settings on your device. You will get the same through SMS. Once received, select SAVE from option and set it default. Now attach your phone to your Laptop / PC via USB cable. Make sure you Nokia PC Suite / OVI Suite installed on your system. Now click on the icon "Connect to Internet" on your PC suite. Thats it.