Thread: Problem with nokia 5800 mobile's home screen

Problem with nokia 5800 mobile's home screen

Hello to all,
    I have nokia 5800 which is 6months old. It don't have any problem until last week. From last week I found lots of problem in my mobile. There are number of issue in my mobile like no short cuts bar displaying, green send button doesn't work, contacts button does not work. I don't know what suddenly happened to it.
    Please help me to get rid out of this problem.

Re: Problem with nokia 5800 mobile's home screen

It seems that your mobile's phone setting has been accidentally changed and that's why you are getting this problem. To overcome this problem you have to reset your mobile. Reset process remove all data from your mobile including your mobile's phone memory and memory card. If you don't know how to rset your mobile then use following step.
    Take back up of your mobile -> now type *#7370# and press ok -> it will asked for pass code -> just type default code 12345 and press ok.
    The reset Process will restore all the phone’s settings to factory default.

It seems that your mobile is affected with some types of deadly virus and that's why you are getting this problem. In this case you have to remove those virus from your mobile to fix this problem. You can remove that virus using anti-virus. Just connect your mobile to computer and scan your mobile using computer's Anti-virus. after removing those virus, just restart your mobile.

From your information it seems that your mobile's software may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile with new version. If you don't know how to upgrade your mobile then use following step.
    1.First unlock your mobile.
    2.Now type *#0000#.
    3.Now your mobile show whether there is new update for your mobile is available or not.
    4.If new update is available then download and install it as per instruction.

You have to perform Hard reset of your mobile to over come this problem. This process will delete all data from your mobile. So first take back up of your mobile before performing this process. If you don't know how to perform hard reset then use following steps.
    1.First Switch off your mobile phone.
    2.Now Press green, red, camera and on button simultaneously until you can see the “Select Country” option.
    3.Now follow the instruction and fill up information as per your knowledge.

I also had the same problem. I tried various method like reset, restore ,restart but none of them working out. Then one of my friend said me it is hardware related issue. Then I give my mobile to nokia service center for repairing and after repairing I don't have any problem with it. As you said that your mobile is 6 months old, then you can take advantage of your mobile's warranty.