Thread: BBC iPlayer not working on nokia 5800

BBC iPlayer not working on nokia 5800

Hi friends,
    I have Nokia 5800 which is 2months old. It has amazing features and it looks very well. It don't have any problem except one. I have installed BBC iPlayer application on my mobile. Whenever I tried to open BBC iPlayer, I only get a blank screen. I don't know what happened to it. My other application are working fine. Anyone else having the same problem? Please help me.

Re: BBC iPlayer not working on nokia 5800

If you are not living in UK then you can not use this application. This restriction put by BBC company. It means that only UK's people are able to watch all show from BBC iPlayer. They actually check your IP address and if they found that IP address is from other country then they just banned that user and that's why you are not able to open that application from your mobile.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your mobile's BBC iPlayer application and that's why you are getting this problem. It may be get corrupted or get damaged. In this case you have to installed new version of BBC iPlayer application in your mobile to fix this problem. If you don't know how to get new version then use following steps.
    1.First remove that old application.
    2.Now go to BBC iPlayer website.
    3.Now download and install latest version of BBC iPlayer in your mobile.

It seems that you are using wap or GPRS internet connection for BBC iPlayer and that's why you are getting this problem. BBC iPlayer only support 3G or WiFi internet connection. This is because your WiFi and 3G providers high speed of band width and wap or GPRS connection provides low speed of band width. If you have to use BBC iPlayer then you have to activate 3G or WiFi internet connection in your mobile.

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your mobile's internet connection. Your mobile's internet connection may not working properly and that's why you are getting this problem. In this case you have to check whether your internet connection is working or not. You can check this by using following steps.
    1.First restart your mobile.
    2.No try to go to any site from your mobile's browser.
    3.If you are not able to open any site then it means that there is some problem in internet connection and you have to first fix it to use BBC iPlayer application.

I also had the same problem. I tried various method but none of them worked out. I reset my mobile. I restart by mobile. But I unable to fix this problem. Then one of my friend said me to upgrade my mobile. After upgrading my mobile, now mobile is working fine now. I think you also update your mobile to fix this problem. If you don't know how to do this then use following steps.
    1.First connect your mobile to computer using Nokia PC suite.
    2.Now take backup of our mobile.
    3.Now download update file.
    4.Now install it in your mobile as per instruction.
    5.Now restore your mobile.
    After this you will not get any error.

Yes, I too had these probs! So, I simply googled the BBC iplayer site & clicked on the download button.
    Oddly enough it's working fine, it gives you the option to overwrite the pre-installed version (DO!!), and has no connection probs.
    Hope this works for you!