Thread: bbc iplayer tells me to connect to wi-fi connection in Nokia 5800

bbc iplayer tells me to connect to wi-fi connection in Nokia 5800

Hello to all,
    I don't know whether it is right place or not. I having this problem from last week. Whenever I tried to watch any thing on my mobile's bbc iplayer, it tells me to connect to wi-fi connection. Earlier I don't have any problem with bbc iplayer, I able to watch anything on that. I don't know what happened to it. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: bbc iplayer tells me to connect to wi-fi connection in Nokia 5800

It seems that your are trying to use bbc iplayer application in 2G connection mode and that's why you are getting such type of problem. You can only able to play BBC iplayer only when, if you have Wi-Fi or 3G connection in your mobile. Without Wi-Fi or 3G you can not watch anything from your BBC iplayer. In this case you have to activate 3G connection in your mobile or you have to use Wi-Fi connection.

From your information it seems that your Wi-Fi connection is not working properly and that's why your mobile's BBc iplayer tells you to connect to Wi-Fi connection. In this case you have to first check whether your WiFi connection is working properly or not. You can check this by connecting your computer to WiFi connection. If there is Wi-Fi connection problem, then you can not access bbc iplayer, because bbc iplayer requires WiFi connection for working.

It seems that you are trying to access bbc iplayer using wap connection and that's why you are getting this problem. You can only use bbc iplayer if you have 3G or wifi connection in your mobile. Bbc iplayer application requires high internet bandwidth for streaming video smoothly. Though, your wap connection is not capable of providing high bandwidth, that's why your mobile tells you to connect to wi-fi connection.

From your information it seems that you have accidentally changed your internet option form WiFi to another option like wap or GPRS and that's why you are getting this problem. In this case you have to set your internet to WiFi. If you don't know how to do this then use following steps.
    1.First go to Setting option.
    2.Now go to Destinations option.
    3.Now go to Internet menu.
    4.There you can find various internet option.
    5.Select WiFi as first option.
    6.Now came back 5 times.
    7.After this you will not get any error message.

It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's bbc iplayer application and that's why you are getting this problem. It may be get corrupted or may get damaged and that's why it won't perform properly. In this case you have to download new version of bbc iplayer application in your mobile to fix this problem. First remove old application from your mobile and installed new one as per instruction.
    Last edited by Raj; 26-12-2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: External links