Thread: Problem in capturing videos from Panasonic DVC to computer

Problem in capturing videos from Panasonic DVC to computer

I am having the Panasonic digital video camcoder (DVC). This camcoder records the videos on the Mini DV storage media. So i need to transfer those videos from the Mini DV to the computer by connecting the camcoder using the USB cable. But i am not able to do so. And this is also mentioned in the manual of the camcoder, how to transfer the videos from this Mini DV to the computer hard disk. I need help from you people on this topic.

Re: Problem in capturing videos from Panasonic DVC to computer

However you are getting the problem in the transfer of the videos from the Panasonic digital video camcoder (DVC) to the computer system. As this camcoder is little older so it has the Mini DV storage media for storing the videos. In new camcoders there is DVD , FLASH CARDS and also In built flash hard drives are available for recording and storing the videos. So you can easily copy the videos from this storage medias to the computer hard disk. But you cannot copy the videos stored on the Mini DV storage media to the computer. You have to record whole video from the Mini DV storage media by playing them onto the computer from the Camcoder itself by connecting the camcoder to the computer.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You have not mentioned the exact problem that you are getting with this Panasonic DVC. Although if you are using the USB cable which is given with this Panasonic camcorder then you will not be able to transfer the videos from the camcorder to the computer. This USB cable can only be used for the Image transfer purpose. There is different port in the camcorder which is used for the Video transfer and this USB cable will not fit in that port. This port is known as the DV port. You need to have the Different DV cable for transfer of the videos from the camcorder to the computer. Without this you cannot transfer the Videos from the Mini DV storage media of your camcorder to the hard disc of your computer system.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are having the proper DV Cable for capturing the videos from the Panasonic DVC to computer and you are not having or dont know the softwares for the capturing videos to the computer. The Windows operating system has the default video capturing software which comes with preloaded with the Windows. This software is called as the Windows Movie Maker, you will find this software in the programs list of the start menu. Start this software , connect the Panasonic Camcorder using the DV cable and select the "Capture from the video device " option. Now you will be able to capture the videos from the Camcorder. Select the video format in which you want to record the video in the computer.

I am also having the Panasonic DVC camcorder and i use the Firewire cable for the transferring the videos from the Camcorder to the computer system. If you are having the Firewire cable port (hardware) installed in your computer system then buy the firewire cable and start transferring the videos from the Panasonic camcorder to the hard disk of the computer system without any problem. You can easily transfer the videos using the Windows movie maker with this method.

If you are getting the problem in transferring the videos from the Panasonic camcorder if you are having all the things required to do so and then also you are not able to do it. Then i will suggest you to dont try to do it by yourself because there is some major problem with some of the hardware parts of your computer system. Give the DV Storage media to the professional video recording peoples, they will store the videos on the computer or the DVDs for you.