Thread: Nokia 5800 automatically connect to internet

Nokia 5800 automatically connect to internet

Hello to all,
    My uncle gifted me a cool new Nokia 5800. It has amazing features and it looks very good. It don't have any problem. But in recently my mobile automatically connect to internet. I observed it in last night. Due to this I lost 20 rupees daily without doing anything, because my mobile service provider charge me for this. Anyone else having the same problem.
    Please help me. Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by MAGAR; 25-12-2009 at 03:43 PM.

Re: Nokia 5800 automatically connect to internet

You have to disable setting for automatic connection to internet. You can do this in following ways.
    1.First go to Main menu.
    2.Now go to Setting option.
    3.Now go to Connectivity option.
    4.Now go to Destinations option.
    5.now open.
    6.Now go to Default connection option.
    7.Now select Always ask option.

It seems that your mobile's one of the installed application try connect to internet for update and that's why your mobile automatically connect to internet. Some of the application like map, messenger, etc. needs to connect to internet for update. In this case you have to delete those application from your mobile to overcome this problem. You can delete those application by your mobile itself or by using nokia PC suite.

I also had the same problem. Then one of my friend suggest me to change the internet connection setting to another inactive setting or some incorrect setting. After trying this, now I don't have that problem. I think you also try this. If you don't know how to do this then use following steps.
    First go to setting option -> now go to connection -> now go to destination option -> now select another setting for internet -> now restart your mobile.
    After this you will not get any error.

From your information it seems that your mobile is affected with some kind of deadly virus and that virus trying to access internet for some wrong reason. I also had the same problem. Then I remove those virus from mobile using anti-virus. After this now I don't have any problem. I think you have to scan your mobile for virus. You can do this in two ways.
    First by connecting your mobile to computer and by scanning from computer's anti-virus
    or
    You can installed anti-virus directly in your Mobile. For your mobile you must use F-secure anti-virus.

Hey it seems that your E-mail application is trying to access internet for new mail or for some update purpose and that's why your mobile is connected to computer automatically. In this case you have to disable "automatic search for new mail feature of your mobile's E-mail application. You can do this by going to it's setting option. After disabling this feature if you still have the same problem then you have to remove that application form your computer and installed new third party application in your mobile.