Thread: Nokia 5800 gives error message "Insert SIM card"

Nokia 5800 gives error message "Insert SIM card"

Hello,
    I don't know why this happened. During 4 or 5 times in day my mobile gives error message "Insert SIM card" and I have to restart my mobile to use the phone again. I don't know why this happened. Please help me to get rid out of this problem.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Nokia 5800 gives error message "Insert SIM card"

From your information it seems that your Sim card is not fit perfectly in your mobile and that's why your mobile repeatedly gives message "Insert SIM card". In this case you have to fit Sim card in your mobile perfectly to overcome this problem. First switch off your mobile and remove battery and Sim card from your mobile. Now again insert Sim card in your mobile perfectly and insert Battery. Now turn on your mobile.

It seems that there is some problem in your Sim card. Your Sim card may get damaged or get corrupted and that's why your mobile unable to recognize your Sim card. In this case try another Sim card in your mobile. If that Sim card is working properly in your mobile then it means that your old Sim card has to be replaced with new one. Contact your mobile service provider to replace old Sim card with new one.

Have you clean your Sim card? Sometimes what happened that your Sim card's contact portion may get wet or become dirty and that's why your mobile does not recognize it. In this case you have to clean your Sim card's contact portion with clean cloth. Just clean it properly and insert again.
    After this you will not get any error.

From your information it seems that your Sim card become loose in your mobile and that's why your mobile gives "insert Sim card" message. In this case you have to place some small paper between Sim card's back portion and battery. This will helps in fit your Sim card in your mobile properly. If you still have the same problem then contact nokia service center to fix this problem.

I also had the same problem then one of my friend suggest me to reset my mobile. After resetting mobile, my mobile is working fine now. As per my suggestion you also try to reset your mobile. If you don't know how to do this then use following steps.
    First take backup of your mobile -> Now switch off your mobile -> now press dial key , 3 key, * key simultaneously and now press turn on key -> after this process your mobile's all data will be deleted -> now restore your mobile.