Thread: Unable to receive emails in Nokia 5800

Unable to receive emails in Nokia 5800

Hello to all,
    I recently bought a cool new Nokia 5800 from branded store. I have internet connection in my mobile. I use mobile's in-built application for sending and receiving email. In starting it don't have any problem, but after some times my mobile stopped receiving new emails. I don't know why this happened.
    Please help me.

Re: Unable to receive emails in Nokia 5800

It seems that you are getting problem due to your mobile internet connection. It seems that your mobile,s internet connection setting may be get changed and that's why you are getting this problem. In this case you have to update your mobile's internet setting. You can do this in following ways.
    Click on Menu key ->now select Settings option -> Tap on Connectivity option ->Tap on Options ->Open -> click on Network ->now click on Operator selection->Options ->click on Change option ->now open Manual ->now press OK -> now press on network you want.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I also had the same problem, then I tried following steps and after that I don't have any problem in my mobile. I think you also try this and check whether you are able to fix this problem or not.
    1.Remove your mobile's battery when your mobile is switched on.
    2.Now remove SIM card from your mobile.
    3.Now place the battery back into mobile without SIM card.
    4.Now switch on your mobile.
    After this try to access email and if you still have the same problem then there is some problem in your internet connection. In his case contact your mobile service provider.

Your mobile's Email (POP/IMAP) Setting has to be to change to overcome this problem. You can dot this in following ways. I just given steps to do it. Follow it properly.
    First press menu button -> Messaging ->Options ->Settings ->E-mail ->Mailboxes -> At Mailbox select Define Now-> Tap Yes ->Options and then New Mailbox -> Start -> enter your email address ->At Mailbox name and enter a name for the account -> User name and password -> press Yes -> enter User name ->type password ->OK -> When asked to Connect to mailbox ->press no ->Back ->Options -> Settings ->E-mail ->Tap Mailboxes ->click on new Mailbox -> Connection Settings ->press Incoming Email -> Access Point in Use ->press as per setting -> Back -> Outgoing Email ->Access Point in Use ->Contract WAP ->download you e-mails -> Back 6 times->press new Mailbox ->Options -> Connect to start downloading your e-mails.

Have you hard reset your mobile? If not, then try to hard reset your mobile and check whether you are able to fix this problem or not. Sometimes this process helps in solving such type of problem,. If you don't know hoe to do this then use following steps.
    1.First take back up of your mobile.
    2.Now switch off your mobile.
    3.Press "*" key, green dialer key and "3" key simultaneously and now press turn on key.
    After this your probem will solve.

Have you check whether your internet connection is working or not? If it is working properly then it seems that there is some problem in your mobile's software. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile with new version. If you don't know how to do this then use following process.
    1.First take back up of your mobile.
    2.Now open Nokia PC suite.
    3.Now in the right hand side you can see one "update" button. It is use to download update file.
    4.download that update file and install it in your mobile as per instruction.
    5.After this process , restore your mobile.