Thread: Computer won't recognize Insignia mp3 player

Computer won't recognize Insignia mp3 player

I recently got Insignia MP3 Player & Image Viewer (4GB). The problem is Insignia MP3 Player is not recognized when I plug it into my computer. I have installed windows xp on my computer. Don't know what to do to get it to recognize the Insignia Player as I guess it's supposed to as soon as I plug it in.

Re: Computer won't recognize Insignia mp3 player

Did you by chance update Windows Media Player? Did you install the drive re-boot then connect the USB. Is your USB enabled in the BIOS. There is always System Restore and you could look for updated firmware for your player on the manufacturers site.

Connect the Insignia MP3 Player > Navigate to the device manager, expand the "portable devices" category, right click on the "Insignia MP3 Player" device, and then click on "uninstall". Proceed through any prompts to finish the uninstallation. Click the "action" pull-down menu (at the top of the device manager) and then click on "scan for hardware changes". The Insignia MP3 Player should be redetected and reinstalled.

You would need to have a look on the Insignia MP3 Player and see if you can identify a manufacturer of some sort. From there, you would have to hope that have drivers available for download online. If it is not coming up with anything (that is, like it is not detecting the Insignia MP3 Player device) then it could be the USB cable. Have you tried another cable?

You cant upgrade firmware when your pc cannot even recognize.First confirm that you have downloaded and installed the SP2 driver. If you have downloaded and installed the standard XP driver or if you are not sure then uninstall the driver again, download the SP2 driver and install, then plug the Insignia MP3 Player and see if the issue is resolved.

First thing, make sure you have the latest version of WMP installed, and all the patches. Turn Insignia MP3 Player on > slide to "hold" > plug in the connector cable > wait until computer recognises Insignia MP3 Player device > let go of center button > it will turn on. If it didn't detect then maybe your player is not supported. You should check on the MS, supported devices list.